Credit to Williams

Kiwibrown

Greg Williams is defense is having a stellar year, they are leading the league in turnovers, we already have more than last year. 

also this week he made some good adjustments to the line up. 

firstly putting Randall at Cb against the threatening duo of Jackson and Evans was a clever move, they did move the ball against us, but it wasn't as bad as it could of been. 
then putting kirko into middle linebacker has worked as well, he haven't missed a beat without scho, infact our LB group had one of their better outings this week. 

these are the first major adjustments i have seen from a Browns coach this year that worked. 

Unlike the offense Dorsey didn't have t trade anyone to get to make it happen. 

Critiques, Myles nee an inside move, nearly every QB can run for 50 yards vs us,  too much tampa 2. 

Greg did some great things for this defense, no question...but he's far from perfect. He certainly made some wise adjustments going into this game. It's also clear to me that offenses are picking up on some of his blitzes, and we just get obliterated sometimes in certain zone coverages. 

Still, I'm not entirely opposed to retaining him if the majority of the coaching staff gets the axe. I think Dorsey will take some promising D-linemen and CB's in this class, I'd like to see how Williams does with them in the mix.

I've loved and hated Gregg from week-to-week.

Sometimes, he's too aggressive with his blitzes but not aggressive enough with his coverages, if that makes any sense. His exotic blitzing on any given down has at times contributed to the huge running lanes being exploited against our run defense.

While his soft coverages sometimes counteract his better blitzes. Today, for example, we almost had Winston a handful of times with a strong pass rush, but Winston kept getting the ball out barely in time because of the soft zones, especially early in the game.

He needs to find a better balance, I feel. But he is still a good coach, and very deserving to be the interim. I love the passion and energy he infuses into his unit. He has a perfect attitude for a young, hungry roster of eager kids looking to be great.

Gregggg It is far from perfect. However, if you go back to the beginning of the season with Tyrod at QB, you will see that the defense has put us in a position to win almost every game.  We forced half a dozen TOs against Pittsburgh and still couldn’t win. It has been inept offense that has us 2-4-1. 

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Gregggg It is far from perfect. However, if you go back to the beginning of the season with Tyrod at QB, you will see that the defense has put us in a position to win almost every game.  We forced half a dozen TOs against Pittsburgh and still couldn’t win. It has been inept offense that has us 2-4-1. 

Yep. Except for the SD game, Williams and his unit are doing their job. Even with a secondary stretched very thin against one of the top passing offenses the defense did enough to put us in a position to win. Almost zero of this season's losses (or tie) are on the defense's shoulders.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s idiotic.

Yep. I heard an interesting theory on why he's doing it. It's possible that he knows he's getting the axe after the season, so he's gonna get every bit out of these guys that he can for the sake of making himself look better. It's a selfish move but it makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yep. I heard an interesting theory on why he's doing it. It's possible that he knows he's getting the axe after the season, so he's gonna get every bit out of these guys that he can for the sake of making himself look better. It's a selfish move but it makes sense to me.

Whose theory is that?

Man I don’t want to fire Williams 

i think we’re taking him for granted. We literally went from last in turnovers to first 

that’s not by accident and if our offense/special teams wasn’t incompetent we’d be 6-1 right now

This is only the second year in that defense and guys are producing at a very high rate he’s the least of our problems 

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

i think we’re taking him for granted. We literally went from last in turnovers to first 

that’s not by accident and if our offense/special teams wasn’t incompetent we’d be 6-1 right now

This is only the second year in that defense and guys are producing at a very high rate he’s the least of our problems 

And to be honest our turnovers are the reason our Defense is doing so well.

We give up a LOT of yards, a good amount of points, don't get a ton of sacks, but man can we get the ball from the other team....

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I wouldn’t be looking to fire him, but if we’re cleaning house it’s likely he goes.

Im not willing to keep Hue to keep Williams.

Archived