Can you argue this QB list post-1980?

DirtyDez

Top 9 QBs since the 80s? Hmmm, Kurt Warner instantly comes to mind as a notable omission, but I don't see anyone on that list I could seriously put him over due to his relative lack of longevity, and I assume this is career based. Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts (best years right at turn of decade), and Aikman are the other post-80s HOF QBs. I guess you could throw in Big Ben and Eli (lol) as probable future HOFers, Rivers has a chance too. That wraps up the feasible candidates to this discussion at the moment....

I'll say no, I don't see an argument for any of those guys I listed over your top 9 (however, I am 100% certain somebody will ;)).

Just now, Danger said:

If that's how we're looking at it, I"d say it's probably Andrew Luck tbh.

Yea I know it's not and I went off topic. Just thinking how much measurables and such make the difference in our perception of future nfl players. Yet on this list it's almost the total opposite. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand why Elway just gets thrown into all of these “best ever” lists? To me, he’s probably the most overrated NFL player of all-time. I’d take Warner over Elway if given the choice. 

I feel like it’s just because everyone does that you almost feel obligated to. Like he was pretty good for a really long time and got a couple rings and played in a lot of Super Bowls. 

23 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I feel like it’s just because everyone does that you almost feel obligated to. Like he was pretty good for a really long time and got a couple rings and played in a lot of Super Bowls. 

Is it wrong for me to say he was the Eli Manning of his generation?

Archived