Armsteeld2

Mock Draft To Make You Smile

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
Arizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsLA ChargersLA RamsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington Redskins
20: R1P20

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU
52: R2P20
 MLB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
83: R3P19
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
122: R4P20

CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
175: R6P1

WR TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS
194: R6P20

LB JORDAN JONES
KENTUCKY
224: R7P8

EDGE JALEN JELKS
OREGON

If the draft fell like this it would be a non-stop party.  Although I do think a OG will be taken late.

Edited by jebrick

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

If the draft fell like this it would be a non-stop party.  Although I do think a OG will be taken late.

I wanted Lester Cotton but he was taken late. Steelers also don't seem to draft OG anymore as they get bulk of undrafted gems.

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

where is Sutton Smith?

I don't know. I didn't scroll through all the simulated picks. I don't think he fits the Steelers mold of 6'3-6'5 OLB.

4 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I don't know. I didn't scroll through all the simulated picks. I don't think he fits the Steelers mold of 6'3-6'5 OLB.

I never knew the steelers had a mold for OLB, I thought it would be based on what the player can accomplish in games. Maybe other teams will pass on Smith and he will be there after RD1, that would be good .

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I never knew the steelers had a mold for OLB, I thought it would be based on what the player can accomplish in games. Maybe other teams will pass on Smith and he will be there after RD1, that would be good .

I would assume most teams have a standard for each position. If you find a special player then you'd buck that trend. Tomlin likes 6'2 Safeties who can run. Jarvis Jones was 6'3 245 and that's like one of the smallest OLBs Tomlin has drafted, if I'm not mistaken.

Smith fits as a ILB for the Steelers.  I think he is listed at 235 which is heavier than Shazier.

My draft to make me smile:

1) DeAndre Baker, CB UGA

2) Julian Love, CB Notre Dame

3) Lavert Hill, CB Michigan

4) Iman Marshall, CB Southern Cal

6) Amani Oruwariye, CB Penn State

6) Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State

7) Blace Brown, CB Troy

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

1) DeAndre Baker, CB UGA

7) Blace Brown, CB Troy

Lmfao....

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

1) DeAndre Baker, CB UGA

7) Blace Brown, CB Troy

how about we make this a bit easier on you, and trade all that for 2 proven pros and of course release a few CB's on the existing roster.  Get your point though , just as opposing QB's have.  

5 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I would assume most teams have a standard for each position. If you find a special player then you'd buck that trend. Tomlin likes 6'2 Safeties who can run. Jarvis Jones was 6'3 245 and that's like one of the smallest OLBs Tomlin has drafted, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes.  Scheme fit is part #1 in scouting.  You aren't going to scout a 6'6" 275lb edge guy to Pittsburgh, but you would for Cincy, because Cincy's scheme calls for them while ours does not.

6 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Edmunds isn't in that mold (RD1 pick) , neither was Harrison (proven pro). I don't know if that stereotype here  exists, but it might.  We drafted dupree but Ray was gone right before us. Would colbert have drafted Ray instead (without rumours that caused draft stock to fall) ?  What round are they projecting Smith at? 

Edited by 3rivers

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Edmunds isn't in that mold (RD1 pick) , neither was Harrison (proven pro). I don't know if that stereotype here  exists, but it might.  We drafted dupree but Ray was gone right before us. Would colbert have drafted Ray instead (without rumours that caused draft stock to fall) ?  What round are they projecting Smith at? 

Shane Ray wasnt gone...he went the pick right after us to Denver.

Marcus Peters is the guy I wanted, he went several picks earlier however to KC.

Edited by wwhickok

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Edmunds is 6'1 ish and Harrison wasn't drafted by the Steelers or any other team.