Mock Draft To Make You Smile

Armsteeld2

Just now, wwhickok said:

I think Ray was the better fit then and clearly is now.

what do you think he will command for a salary ion UFA 2019? I can only see a team offering a prove it deal since he hasn't stayed healthy and has been limited in playing time as a result. 

20 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what do you think he will command for a salary ion UFA 2019? I can only see a team offering a prove it deal since he hasn't stayed healthy and has been limited in playing time as a result. 

Honestly because he's basically been a career back up more than anything else I expected to be a prove-it deal I don't think he's going to be offered anything that we couldn't afford

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly because he's basically been a career back up more than anything else I expected to be a prove-it deal I don't think he's going to be offered anything that we couldn't afford

what would a prove it deal be for him according to your capologist ? I ask since I am not a GM and don't understand many contracts out there, such as the one bradford got for example.  If Ray could stay healthy and play as I expect, he should do well at OLB for us along with Watt and Adeyini (no keion adams) . This team needs a better starter and depth incase of injury.  

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

what would a prove it deal be for him according to your capologist ? I ask since I am not a GM and don't understand many contracts out there, such as the one bradford got for example.  If Ray could stay healthy and play as I expect, he should do well at OLB for us along with Watt and Adeyini (no keion adams) . This team needs a better starter and depth incase of injury.  

I feel like honestly Ray would be on the level of a Mychal Kendricks type of contract that you got from the Browns. Now in actuality he might be worth a little more than that because Kendricks got a one-year deal that was actually less than three million dollars I think it would be arguable to pay Shane Ray somewhere between three and four and a half.

with Rays injury history, it would play into all this. Too bad injuries are a part of the game as severe as it is,  but if he gets the prove it deal I expect him to be good enough if he plays most of the season. He has the speed and first step, but can he stay on the field and get a repertoire  of moves and become consistent.

This UFA in 2019 could have a few edge defenders and the draft too. Edge should be answered this offseason, in-house or UFA/draft.  If dupree picks it up and makes noise, then he will stay most likely unless we get Peterson 21 , then the cap space will be for him.  Being out of cap space limits the options for us armchair GM's thats for sure. 

9 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Edmunds is 6'1 ish and Harrison wasn't drafted by the Steelers or any other team.

Tis was regarding the mold and how players taken in RD1 (Edmunds) and how a proven pro (Harrison)  broke the mold if in fact they go by that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you prefer this or the original one?

24: R1P24

EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT
MISSISSIPPI STATE
56: R2P24

CB CHAUNCEY GARDNER JR.
FLORIDA
87: R3P23

S DEIONTE THOMPSON
ALABAMA
126: R4P24

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA
175: R6P1

EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING
198: R6P24

LB DENZEL WARE
KENTUCKY
224: R7P8

RB LEXINGTON THOMAS
UNLV

52 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Agreed. I wanted to introduce new players in the second mock. Who would you choose between CB DeAndre Baker and FS Deionte Thompson?

Baker for need and talent.  I think Davis has done well at FS

Getting Thompson in the 3rd would be amazing.  1st round talent.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Baker for need and talent.  I think Davis has done well at FS

Getting Thompson in the 3rd would be amazing.  1st round talent.

Same as I was thinking but Thompson is a great cover guy in the mold of Malik Hooker. Burnett is a 1 or 2 year rental. Our rookie Edmunds is progressing nicely. Burhe ST along with Dangerfield. Marcus Allen could be a position change. Davis is a good blitzer and along with Hilton could terrorize the LOS while Thompson patrols the deep. 

So I gave one of these a try:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (K.C.): Lamar, Tre, ILB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (K.C.): Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 8 (JAX): Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Gustin, Porter, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (JAX): McCoy, TJ, C, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (JAX): Snell Jr, Benny, RB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Bailey, Jake, P, Stanford (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9 (CLE): Hilland, Connor, OG, William & Mary (B-)
Round 7 Pick 14: Brady, Tyre, WR, Marshall (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18 (JAX): Simmons, Antonio, DE, Georgia Tech (B+)

Some trade downs.  Traded 1 for KC's 1 and 2.  Traded 2 for 2 3's and a 4 from JAX.  Traded a 6th for the 2 7ths.

Tre Lamar felt early IMO, but this system really liked it.  Noah Fant makes Gimble expendable, bumps JJ to TE3, and would challenge Vanimal for TE1 snaps IMO.  Blessaun Austin is a hidden gem IMO in that he's unseen because of who he plays for, needs some seasoning, but can come on strong.  Porter Gustin sounds like a Clay Matthews Clone TBH.  TJ McCoy isn't a strong player, but he's you BJ Finney replacement as the backup swing guard/center.  Benny Snell Jr is a BEAST, and will be over looked because of who he plays for.  Daniel Wise is a guy that can play all 3 spots on the DL, mostly as a Alualu replacement.  Jake Bailey....enough said on punters.  Conner Hilland is competition for the backup guard spot.  Tyre Brady is a chain moving machine, but lacks big play explosion.  Antonio Simmons isn't the most explosive and is very much a tweener.

Archived