Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

NFL_Saints.gif at NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif

When: 8:20 PM EST October 28th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: NBC (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers:  Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Saints - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Image result for Minneapolis Miracle gif

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This could get ugly. 

I have a feeling it’s going to be a shoot out. 

You know what would be good for the NFL?  A 17-13 game.  High-scoring shootouts can be awfully boring, especially when the announcers have to manufacture excitement over another 50+ yd TD play.      

Rhodes was limping with his ankle wrapped in the locker room and Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said that the initial diagnosis is a sprained ankle. Zimmer added that he doesn’t think it’s too serious, although what that might mean for Rhodes’ availability moving forward remains to be seen. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/21/mike-zimmer-says-xavier-rhodes-has-a-sprained-ankle/

In a playoff game in January, Diggs caught a 61-yard touchdown pass from Case Keenum on the final play to give the Vikings a dramatic 29-24 victory.

Diggs: “I don’t think too much about that play anymore, but because it is a new season and I look forward to playing them again, I tend to love playing big games, and playing against New Orleans is always fun. We’re going to get their best shot. They’re coming in with a chip on their shoulder, and we need to have that same chip. We’re just going to fight it out.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/21/vikings-mike-zimmer-not-too-concerned-about-anthony-barr-xavier-rhodes-injuries/

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Need Rhodes for this one. Griffen for that matter too. We can probably get by without Joseph and Barr, I'm just picturing a shootout and lots of passing. Basically the Rams game.

I think they need Barr more than they need Rhodes, because Brees can kill the other LBs on intermediate routes.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I think they need Barr more than they need Rhodes, because Brees can kill the other LBs on intermediate routes.  

I'd just assume that the Vikes would play Kearse more than Barr's LB position. Wilson has looked decent in pass defense. Rhodes is far more crucial given how big Michael Thomas has been this year. 

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

You know what would be good for the NFL?  A 17-13 game.  High-scoring shootouts can be awfully boring, especially when the announcers have to manufacture excitement over another 50+ yd TD play.      

Serious or sarcasm?

Really don't like our chances in this one....

We're going to need a complete 60-minute game from both sides of the ball. No lapses in coverage that leave receivers wide open by 10 yards. No stalling in the red zone. No giving Brees 29 seconds to throw. No turnovers. No 3rd & longs and we throw a 3 yard route before punting.

Going to need close to perfection. This New Orleans team is an offensive buzzsaw and Brees is having a near career year. 77% completion percentage and ZERO INTs/ZERO fumbles.

If we want to talk about schedules like we have in other threads for other teams, I think you could say New Orleans has had it pretty easy so far. WAS and BAL are the only teams they've played with a winning record.

Archived