Rasul Douglas - What Is Going On?

BAConrad

This past Sunday, Dexter McDougle, a journeyman vet who we just signed 6 days ago, played 48 (out of 59!!!) snaps as our slot corner. Rasul Douglas had none. Zero. 

What the hell is going on? Rasul is healthy. Almost every time he's come in during games, he's looked good, showing an ability to generate turnovers/ints which we desperately need. 

Is it on Douglas? Is he just crapping the bed in practice so bad that we are playing guys like McDougle over him right after signing them off the street? I doubt this is the case. 

The more likely answer is that, for reasons we might not ever understand, Schwartz is choosing not to play him. Which is inexcusable. I mean it's not like it will even effect Schwartz's illegitimate child aka Jalen Mills. So it isn't that. 

Thoughts? Do we need to start a "Free Rasul" campaign?

I blame the Wiz thing on what's being reported, Peters, who hasn't even been in the lineup consistently to be having that kind of say. 

Some other issues I have personally: 

Grugier-Hill needs to start eating into Bradham's snaps to keep him (Nigel) effective. 

Yes Douglas isn't a slot CB, we get that. Move Jalen there...easier to recover getting beat by a double move downfield in the slot, no?   

When Rasul plays he'll have some bonehead plays because he's still pretty inexperienced, but unlike Mills he also tends to actually make plays from time to time. Really odd how he's been completely phased out of the defense.

I have no clue what’s going on, but I do know that it’s an absolute waste of resources. Douglas was a 3rd round pick and he’s relegated to the bench behind a crappy player picked off the scrap heaps in the 7th round. This situation screams Eric Rowe. 

I know they view him as strictly an outside CB. Whether that’s a mistake or not, I don’t know. But it’s weird he is completely buried. These coaches see more than us. He’s not getting something or not getting better I guess. Either way, it’s not good. 

Archived