Week 7 thoughts

deeluxx3

3 losses in a row.

-LeFleur needs to get it together as much as anyone else does. No rhyme or reason to really anything we do

-I obviously don't have data on it, but something very small and weird that I noticed is our inability to get yards on 2nd down in the RZ. Playcalls are usually doomed from the start and kills us for 3rd down

-Pass rush is non-existent. Landry has disappeared. Orakpo is a shell of his former self

-Interior OL is probably just as bad, if not worse, than our WRs

-I think we've targeted Corey Davis maybe 6 times since the Eagles game. Which is great

-Awesome game from Sharpe

-Jonnu Smith is nothing more than a liability at this point 

-I do like going for 2. I, like everyone else, am baffled by the playcall. No clue why we went with an empty backfield

-Losing patience with Taylor. He's destroying us with the drops. Inexcusable

-Dion Lewis is a god-send. Hell of a football player

-Defense is good enough to keep us in [most] games

-I wouldn't hesitate to say we have one of the 4 or 5 worst offenses in the NFL. I truly think that we do

I saw a lot to like.  A lot that is a major concern. The 1st is while we have a “good”. D the big plays have cost us huge in all of the losses except the shalacking by Balt.  It doesn’t do any good to play stout D all game yet give up 14 easy points  as that really demoralized the team and gives the offense the wrong mind set.  

Our Run game and Henry. I really am unsure what the answer is.  Henry can be so dynamic and important to this teams success especially late in the year when teams D are all banged up but these types of games where his only success is catching a few flair passes really hampers the offense and limits what the offense can do as the D really doesn’t have to account for him as a runner and instead just think pin your ears back and go if they hand it to Henry who cares we will get him behind the line otherwise we’ve got to their QB 

short passing game.  This is a big ouch. You need to complete a high percentage of 3-3 to 3-5 passes in this league to succeed to be frank totally suck at this and I am not sure the answer problem. Even having Lewis has not helped here CD I think has to get better in these spots as does Marcus.  The thing that really sticks in my craw was watching that crital game winning or loosing play and as I watched I Saw ZERO chance of success in any way or form and that’s the best we’ve got to go with WTF.   Some times you watch a play and the D blows it up by guess right or a player making a outstanding play in this case I really didn’t see their D do anything spectacular I just saw that we did NOTHING that had a chance of working very depressing especially as I remember the times when we got inside the five and you knew with McNair we were going to score and their was nothing the D could do about it

Archived