Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys

Tyronnosaurus

I like the player and think it can work out, but a 1st? Really?

Whats the point? Is Tony coming back? Gallup exploited Washington's CBs yesterday and what happened? Dak looked away and missed a TD.

All this will do is help prove Dak shouldnt be our QB moving forward.

I'm pretty mixed on trade. 

Price is too high, but Dallas was likely spending a high pick on WR anyway and again, there were some who wanted Ridley last year. This isn't horrible. 

Good bye D. Thompson. 

Biggest issue with the trade.....

Our HC sucks. 

Our OC sucks.

Our QB sucks. 

Our OL sucks. 

I don't know, our history of trading for WRs is pretty bad:

Rot Williams - bust

Joey Galloway - bust

Amari Cooper?

And the fact that Dak is slow or absent on his reads, I don't see how this helps.

Not only that, but if we tank, we got no shot at a QB in the draft!

Ohhhh Jimmy Johnson where are you when we need you?

Man a first is rough. That could be the 9th pick in the draft. I was barely comfortable giving up the 50th, and I actually like Cooper

At least we have our receiver trio now, but I’m not sure we keep Beasley past this season. Then we’re a receiver short again. Ugh

To me this trade means a couple of things.

1.  We are committed to Dak as our QB.  Expect an extension.  What choice do we have?  So get him a few weapons and see what happens. Not having a first next year, which would have been high, means no chance to draft a franchise QB should one emerge.

2.  Desperate, poorly run teams make these types of moves.  I mean the Patriots, perennial contenders for the SB got Gordon for what a 4th?  Why not take a flyer on Gordon?  I can envision the conversation:  Stephen:  How about a 3rd for Cooper?  Raiders:  We already have an offer for a 2nd.  Stephen:  Please take our first!

3.  Poor Mr. Cooper does not know what pressure is.  If he does not become a Pro Bowl/All Pro caliber WR he will get run out of town.  Cooper has talent but he is going from the frying pan into the fire.

4.  Thank god we have a head coach , offensive coordinator, and QB who will be able to develop Cooper to his potential and overcome the fact that we don't have a first round pick next year.

5.  This trade has the potential to set us back big time.  I just don't like giving up first round picks.

6.  If Cooper emerges as a consistent target it should pay dividends for us in a weak NFC East.  

7 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Rot Williams - bust

Joey Galloway - bust

Amari Cooper?

And the fact that Dak is slow or absent on his reads, I don't see how this helps.

Williams was definitely a bust. Hard to say what Galloway was, he played with some bad QBs. 

I don't know about no shot at QB....who exactly is standing out in this draft? Everyone one of them has had some pretty bad games. Honestly, don't think anyone of them has necessarily solidified themselves as 1st rd worthy outside of Herbert, who is rumored to be staying. 

22 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Rot Williams - bust

Joey Galloway - bust

Amari Cooper?

There is no tanking now. We just went all in. Play offs or bust here

Archived