Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys

Tyronnosaurus

I in no way am making excuses for Daks play at all. I’m just saying he doesn’t have the weapons or protection currently. Give him the tools and if he fails then he fails and we move on from him. He has one year to prove some worth and with Cooper, Hurns and Gallup/Beasley it would be hard to not expect some improvement going forward. Cooper has to open up the running game at least a little and if Zeke is rolling then Dak will follow. Also It’s really hard to believe this offensive line is 3rd in time given to throw. Some plays go unblocked or the pocket collapses immediately. That’s a surprising stat to me. 

Daboys is right about Dak.  Dak is not a “good” QB.  But he has some good qualities.  I think Dak could be a good leader.  I think he’s tough.  He’s an above average runner with the ball.  He’s turnover conscious and a lot of his INTs have been off tips and drops.

But there are 2-3 fundamental things that he’s just lacking.  Like Daboys said Dak struggles in reading defenses and making correct reads.  He clearly lacks confidence to pull the trigger and hesitates.  I think that is part of his accuracy issue.  Dak does have accuracy issues.  People compare his completion percentage to Aikman, Brady, and Romo.  YPA is a much better indicator of accuracy than completion percentage.  Dak has had good YPA stats but it is in digression.  He’s got a lot of McNabb type throws in the dirt or are just off.  But his best throws are off play action when defense bite on the run and creates throwing holes.

For Dak to be most effective, he’s got to run the ball more.  He’s just not a pocket passer.  The more the coaches try to force him to be a pocket passer he gets exposed... especially on the road.

9 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Daboys is right about Dak.  Dak is not a “good” QB.  But he has some good qualities.  I think Dak could be a good leader.  I think he’s tough.  He’s an above average runner with the ball.  He’s turnover conscious and a lot of his INTs have been off tips and drops.

But there are 2-3 fundamental things that he’s just lacking.  Like Daboys said Dak struggles in reading defenses and making correct reads.  He clearly lacks confidence to pull the trigger and hesitates.  I think that is part of his accuracy issue.  Dak does have accuracy issues.  People compare his completion percentage to Aikman, Brady, and Romo.  YPA is a much better indicator of accuracy than completion percentage.  Dak has had good YPA stats but it is in digression.  He’s got a lot of McNabb type throws in the dirt or are just off.  But his best throws are off play action when defense bite on the run and creates throwing holes.

For Dak to be most effective, he’s got to run the ball more.  He’s just not a pocket passer.  The more the coaches try to force him to be a pocket passer he gets exposed... especially on the road.

Exactly about my post gearing an offense towards his strengths. Play actions, lots of RPOs, being under center for one. Trying to force him in shotgun and remain in the pocket is bad news. It also doesn’t help that our offense is vanilla. Easy to read what’s going to happen. 

54 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I in no way am making excuses for Daks play at all. I’m just saying he doesn’t have the weapons or protection currently. Give him the tools and if he fails then he fails and we move on from him. He has one year to prove some worth and with Cooper, Hurns and Gallup/Beasley it would be hard to not expect some improvement going forward. Cooper has to open up the running game at least a little and if Zeke is rolling then Dak will follow. Also It’s really hard to believe this offensive line is 3rd in time given to throw. Some plays go unblocked or the pocket collapses immediately. That’s a surprising stat to me. 

Well our offensive line isn't as bad as people think.  It's just not what it was in 2016. The stat may be a surprise but that doesn't mean it isn't true.  Much of the surprise probably comes from not watching other teams play, and seeing their OL struggle even more.

And NOW with Amari Cooper, Gallup, and Beasley we actually have a really good WR corp.

And Zeke is still elite.

Other than TE, our offense is stacked, and there is zero reason we shouldn't put up 25 points a game. 

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak has a 25-14 record. He's led us to a #1 seed and two winning seasons.

Saying that surrounding Dak with better players won't improve our are chances of winning is the most disqualifying opinion since Junelius Jomes getting fat.

My post had nothing to do with winning and had everything to do with a passer that is able to utilize his receivers 

"I’ve been around for the Joey Galloway trade that cost the team two first-round picks. I saw the Roy Williams trade as well that cost them another first-round pick. Personally, the 2000 and 2009 drafts – the two that followed those trades without a No. 1 – were some of the worst overall drafts in club history. So it’s not ideal to go into next year’s draft without a first."

2009 draft:

3.69 - Jason Williams, LB
Western Illinois

3.75 - Robert Brewster, OT
Ball State

4.101 - Stephen McGee, QB
Texas A&M

4.110 - Victor Butler, LB
Oregon State

4.120 - Brandon Williams, DE
Texas Tech

5.143 - DeAngelo Smith, DB
Cincinnati

5.166 - Michael Hamlin, DB
Clemson

5.172 - David Buehler, K
Southern California

6.197 - Stephen Hodge, LB
Texas Christian

6.208 - John Phillips, TE
Virginia

7.227 - Mike Mickens, DB
Cincinnati

7.229 - Manuel Johnson, WR
Oklahoma

The only thing cool to me about this draft is Manuel Johnson. Because we was the quarterback of Gilmore,TX when they beat us in state semi finals in 2005. We played Case Keenum that year too, but we beat him.

2000 draft:

2.49 - Dwayne Goodrich CB Tennessee

4.109 - Kareem Larrimore CB West Texas A&M

5.144 - Michael Wiley RB Ohio State

6.180 - Mario Edwards CB Florida State

7.219 - Orantes Grant LB Georgia

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Well our offensive line isn't as bad as people think.  It's just not what it was in 2016. The stat may be a surprise but that doesn't mean it isn't true.  Much of the surprise probably comes from not watching other teams play, and seeing their OL struggle even more.

And NOW with Amari Cooper, Gallup, and Beasley we actually have a really good WR corp.

And Zeke is still elite.

Other than TE, our offense is stacked, and there is zero reason we shouldn't put up 25 points a game. 

I fully agree with this 100 percent. There can’t be an excuse now about not having WRs. It’s a good group and he should improve off of this trade. If he doesnt then we have our answer and should move on quickly before we waste Zekes good years with losing seasons. 

Archived