Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I agree, but lets not act like the Cowboys passing offense was some offensive juggernaut. They finally added a real weapon. Jerry probably thinks they won't be able to draft anyone of his caliber next year and he's probably right. How they extend him correctly though is beyond me. Joel Segal is a piece of ****.

Amari Cooper isn't going to fix that offense.  Dak isn't a vertical passer, so the Cowboys aren't going to suddenly become this explosive offense.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The guy who gave up two first round picks for Galloway and a first for Roy Williams isn’t an idiot? Cooper is a good player but if you are giving up a first you better get an elite player of some sort. 

You're not getting an elite player for a first. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

The guy who gave up two first round picks for Galloway and a first for Roy Williams isn’t an idiot? Cooper is a good player but if you are giving up a first you better get an elite player of some sort. 

Is brandin cooks elite? The Rams have used him to perfection and he's shredding defenses. The Patriots used him to great effect as well.

You trade a first for a player who's impactful. They don't have to be elite. Especially when you look at how hard it's been to draft a good young WR. How many good WR's have come out recently? Most have been garbage.

34 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Gruden just fleeced Jerry.

By all accounts I'm reading, this was Reggie McKenzie's trade.  He was the one who stuck to his guns on wanting a 1st in return, in the face of multiple offers of 2nd round picks.

Archived