Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is why you can't have owners who are GMs and also fanboys.

This was an emotional, knee jerk reaction to a tough loss

Isnt cooper owed 18 million next year??

Looks like $14 million, but still.  He's a UFA after 2019, so that hurts the franchise tag number...

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We're going to end up with Raiders' starting QB AJ McCarron before the end of the season, aren't we?

Yes. And I’ve already said we are strting McCarron all year next year. This is a two year tank. Then we will draft our QBOTF in 2020. 

Just now, game3525 said:

I would have been fine with it for a 2nd or 3rd. But giving up a first is insane IMO. 

It depends on how much he wants for an extension. If he wants league leading money, then it's insane. If he takes 16 APY and balls out like he did his first two years, then you got yourself a foundational WR who's only 24 years old.

5 minutes ago, game3525 said:

But Dallas didn't want to give up a first for Earl Thomas.......

See, that's what baffles me the most about this.

Earl Thomas isn't worth a 1st rounder no matter how you spin it. The Safety position is completely devalued, Earl is already 30 and has injury history. No way he's worth a 1st rounder.

HOWEVER, neither is Cooper. Not by a friggin' mile. So Dallas actually used logic and reason to NOT overpay for Thomas, but then completely throw all of that out the window to massively overpay for an objectively significantly lesser player? wtf.

Archived