Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

9 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Even with his contract expiring after 2019?

Yep.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Is there some kind of fantastic hand-transplant surgeon in the Dallas/Fort Worth area I wasn't aware of?

Almost every WR has a flaw.

7 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I would have been fine with it for a 2nd or 3rd. But giving up a first is insane IMO. 

Giving up a mid to late first for a WR like him is worth it. I remember people freaking out when the Rams traded for Cooks. He's been well worth it.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In what world though is Dak an upgrade to Carr? Even if he is a WR talent worthy of a 1st round pick (which, on an expiring contract, I find hard to believe), what good is it if you can't utilize him properly?

Exactly. If he went to Green Bay or New England, he would be an absolute nightmare. He easily could be putting up 1200-1300 yards per season. But I dont' know if Dak can find him consistently, or if he can throw the ball downfield reliably.

I think a first rounder inherently isn't too much, but in this exact situation, I'd say it may be because Joel Segal is a ******** who will push for Amari to get 18M+ per season.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yep.

Almost every WR has a flaw.

Giving up a mid to late first for a WR like him is worth it. I remember people freaking out when the Rams traded for Cooks. He's been well worth it.

I'd say Goff>>>>>>Dak though. That makes a big difference in terms of using these WRs. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are we the only people that like Amari Cooper? Legitimately curious.

I guess so. 6'1" WRs with vertical speed, the ability to cut on a dime, and a strong understanding of route running don't grow on trees. People overvalue draft picks. Cooper will drop passes, but he has the potential to be a top 10 WR in football. He has a Roddy White-like skillset. The kid is still only 24 years old.

Only Jerry Jones would manage to get fleeced by Jon Gruden.

The funny thing is, WRs weren't even the problem for the Cowboys. From what I saw, Gallup and Tavon Austin were performing a lot better than I expected them to, and Beasley is a pretty good slot receiver. The OL isn't what it used to be and Dak isn't good.

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think you guys are selling Cooper short here.

It's one of the most confusing situations in all of football tbh. He has all the talent in the world. He just lacks any aspect of confidence, consistency and hands. Part of it is on Carr imo. He just doesn't look at Cooper as much as he should. I guess that comes from him dropping so many over the years, but still he gets open and doesn't get targets. He needed a change of scenery and I think he will do very will in Dallas. The first is too much and the contract he is going to demand will be too high, but he will produce better in Dallas than he has in Oakland.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I guess so. 6'1" WRs with vertical speed, the ability to cut on a dime, and a strong understanding of route running don't grow on trees. People overvalue draft picks. Cooper will drop passes, but he has the potential to be a top 10 WR in football. He has a Roddy White-like skillset. The kid is still only 24 years old.

If he was with Rodgers, I'd say Marvin Harrison.

We missed him so bad this year. What an embarrassment. Carr didn't throw him the ball in certain games because they "took him away", which is absolute bull****.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

9th pick in the draft right now: http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Combine that with 5 seasons at a low salary, compared to Cooper who they'll probably be paying $15M+ a year for after 2019...

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

If Cooper can net a first rounder then the Cards will definitely get a first round pick for Peterson.  I know they play different positions and Peterson the better player but still.

Of course. The question is will they? They look truly awful right now, but Peterson is also a foundational player. How far off do they think they are?

Archived