Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

5 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Reminds me of the Roy Williams trade

Although a 1st is a round too high for Cooper, this isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the Roy Williams trade. 

RW was all used up by the time Dallas traded for him.  Thay gave up more than a first rd pick and signed a large contract before he was to hit the field. Now that was a heist!

18 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

If the Raiders don’t win a Super Bowl in the next four years then every single front office position needs to be fired. GM, Coaches, scouts... they blow the draft capital they have built up and goodbye. 

Four years? I'd give Gruden six, as long as we are making strides. This year 2-14, next year we are definitely tanking as well, 3-4 wins. 2020, our first year in Vegas maybe 8-8. 2021 maybe 11-5 and playoff berth. 2022, Grudens 5th season, maybe a SB.

But yeah if we get like 5 or less wins for 4 seasons then you have a point.

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That is a very safe assumption. If he has low production the next 1.5 years with us, added to his last year, he isnt getting a fat contract. Lets make a challenge:

It’s a bad assumption. Cooper isn’t some street FA. He just got traded for a first, the team is inclined to keep him more so than some JAG with three year of bad production. 

How often do receivers get traded for firsts and not get extended with high end contracts? 

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s a bad assumption. Cooper isn’t some street FA. He just got traded for a first, the team is inclined to keep him more so than some JAG with three year of bad production. 

How often do receivers get traded for firsts and not get extended with high end contracts? 

Same challenge to you. Disprove me. Just saying it doesnt make it true. 

Let's just be clear on a few points:

1.  Cooper's 5th year option is 13.9M, and it's guaranteed only for injury.  Safe to say DAL is picking that up for 2019.

2.  The franchise tag would have to be 20 percent higher, it's not going to be 15.9M like Landry got - it's the higher of the 2 #'s.  So, we know the 2020 tag will be at least 16.7M (just a hair under, if you want to get technical).

DAL can count on Coop's control for at least 2019-20 barring injury for 30.6M/2 years.   Any talk of an extension, let's face it, is premature.  We do know both sides wanted to hold off on extension talks - so it's pretty clear the sides aren't guaranteed to be on the same page.  The fact both sides agreed to wait means both sides are hoping their vision of how that will go will come to fruition - but it's not likely the same ballpark right now.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just saying it doesnt make it true. 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:34 PM, Matts4313 said:

His contract will reflect his production with us.

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If he has low production the next 1.5 years with us, added to his last year, he isnt getting a fat contract. 

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Average WRs will get average WR contracts.

Pot...meet Kettle.

Another note, so sick and tired of the awful strategy being used around here lately. Let’s take a highly specific situation, cherry pick qualifiers, then try to find more examples. It’s BS. And so is your “prove me wrong” crap.

I mean, I guess you could have some leeway if you get into semantics about what a “fat” contract is. But you did use $7.5M as a figure...which is a pipe dream.

34 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Another note, so sick and tired of the awful strategy being used around here lately. Let’s take a highly specific situation, cherry pick qualifiers, then try to find more examples. It’s BS. And so is your “prove me wrong” crap.

Amen.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:53 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Pot...meet Kettle.

I mean, I guess you could have some leeway if you get into semantics about what a “fat” contract is. But you did use $7.5M as a figure...which is a pipe dream.

Welcome to the World of Matt's. To be expected!

Archived