Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

Great return for the Raiders. This has Jerry Jones written all over it. Not sure things will go any better for Amari in Dallas than they have in Oakland thus far. Dak's only meaningful connections have been with Witten and Cole, route running maestros who primarily work in the 1-10 yard range. Any help is good help for Dak at this rate, but for a 1st? Highly doubt we see that value returned.

The one downside to this as an Eagles fan is if Dak doesn't improve with what the Cowboys obviously see as a huge upgrade (given they spent a 1st), then that will likely be enough for the Cowboys to close the book of Dak, whereas I was hoping there would be enough ambiguity for them to give him an extension and commit to him if they kept trotting out a poor WR corp.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

wow..can potentially be a top 15 pick

Raiders can easily load up on both sides of the ball in 2019 and get their franchise QB in 2020. Pretty smart actually. Raiders weren't going anywhere with Carr, Cooper.

Hey let's give a 1st round pick for a receiver that does everything well except catch the ball

I cannot believe the Raiders actually got a 1st for Cooper.  If Dallas had traded a 2nd round pick I would have understood. Gruden hasn't done much right since he got to Oakland but he sure nailed this trade

Archived