Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have nothing to be bitter about I am pleased we gave up Cooper who will demand 17 plus million and we got a first round pick for him.  He deserves no where close to 17 a year and his career numbers indicate exactly that. 

Do you even watch or understand football?  Cooper before this last game averaged 56 yards and had 1 td over 3 games with Dallas.  Hardly elite numbers SMH

Diggs skillset is far superior to Cooper and it's not close.  Diggs has far superior hands, is tough going over the middle, makes spectacular catches on the regular and is a top notch route runner.  Diggs is a stud, flat out.  Cooper for being a bigger WR plays soft, has issues with catching the ball and is not consistent at all, especially on deep balls or in the red zone.  

You insulting peoples football intelligence, but talking about Coopers numbers over 3 games with a new team learning a new offense.

38 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You insulting peoples football intelligence, but talking about Coopers numbers over 3 games with a new team learning a new offense.

3 games?  How about his first 4 years in the league?  The dude has been a bust and I've heard every excuse in the book about why Cooper has disappointed. 

It was Carr, no wait it was Crabs, hold on it was JDR, wait a second it was Olsen, how about Gruden, maybe it was RM holding him back.  I've heard every excuse and the homers insist it was some conspiracy holding Cooper back from wearing the yellow jacket the homers insist he will wear.  Did it ever occur to you that Cooper is just an average WR who was an over drafted hype machine?  

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

3 games?  How about his first 4 years in the league?  The dude has been a bust and I've heard every excuse in the book about why Cooper has disappointed. 

It was Carr, no wait it was Crabs, hold on it was JDR, wait a second it was Olsen, how about Gruden, maybe it was RM holding him back.  I've heard every excuse and the homers insist it was some conspiracy holding Cooper back from wearing the yellow jacket the homers insist he will wear.  Did it ever occur to you that Cooper is just an average WR who was an over drafted hype machine?  

155 rec, 2200+ yds, 11 TDs, and 2 Pro Bowls in your first 2 years is hardly a bust lol. He's averaging nearly 6 catches for 88 yards and a TD per game as a Cowboy. Next game he'll likely already eclipse his catch and yardage totals from last season(his one down year). His target to catch percentage is also the highest of his career this year and he hasn't dropped a pass in over a month. Even with how terrible of a start he had with our team, he's still on pace for around 70 rec, 1000 yds, and 8-10 TDs.

But youre right, clearly im football retarded and Coop is JAG. I never said he deserves a yellow jacket but he's very far from the crap you're trying to make him out to be.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Without a doubt Diggs is a better WR than Cooper.  Not even a question.

Diggs doesn't even have a 1,000 yard season under his belt. Cooper, as incosisistent as he has been, has two already and might get a third this year after switching teams mid season. 

Cooper is bigger, faster, stronger than Diggs and has more long term upside. You really have no credibility left speaking on Amari

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Frankie really just said Amari is a bust. Lmao,  delusional. Why do we argue with this dude.

I really want to know what Amari did to him.

Let me rephrase that, he is not a bust in the mold of DHB but rather a disappointment after being drafted at 4 overall as he has posed terrible value.  I have said from day 1 he was terrible value at 4 and if any team is to draft a WR top 5 they better be in the mold of Julio, Green or Tron.  Guess what I was right, Cooper isn't even close to those players.

Let me ask you a few questions. 

Why didn't Carr throw to him and clearly not trust him?  Do you think you have a better read on Cooper than Carr and the prior coaching staffs?  

Also if he was this dynamic world beater why would Gruden deal him for a first?

One more, if you were a GM what would you pay for Cooper in terms of money?  

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let me rephrase that, he is not a bust in the mold of DHB but rather a disappointment after being drafted at 4 overall as he has posed terrible value.  I have said from day 1 he was terrible value at 4 and if any team is to draft a WR top 5 they better be in the mold of Julio, Green or Tron.  Guess what I was right, Cooper isn't even close to those players.

You just listed maybe 3 of the greatest WR prospects in the last 25 years. Newsflash, those type prospects dont come out every year. They are rare. Thats like not taking Baker Mayfield if you need a QB, because he isn't an Andrew Luck type prospect. Dumb logic. 

At the time, we had a promising second year QB, who was throwing to Andre Holmes and Kembrell Thompkins. We needed a young WR for our young QB to grow with and Cooper was as pro ready as it gets. 

Why didn't Carr throw to him and clearly not trust him?  Do you think you have a better read on Cooper than Carr and the prior coaching staffs?  

Carr is a weird QB who really hasn't established chemistry with anyone outside of Crabtree. I think Carr prefers throwing to bigger body possession receivers like Crab, Devante Adams. He and Coop never really developed chemistry with each other for whatever reason. That's on both of them, not just Coop. 

You're really justifying you're stance by referencing what crazy a$s Jon Gruden did? Lol. The same guy who traded Khalil Mack.

Its clear as day what Grudens mind state is. He wants to gain as many assets as he can for the future. I'll tell you one thing - if Amari was such a bust like you claim, he damn sure wouldn't of garnered a first rounder like he did.

I view Amari in the same tier as Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Devante Adams,  Stephon Diggs. Young WRs who have had success in the league, but not top 5 guys. The market for those guys is 17-18 mill. Do I agree with that? No but thats the market. Just like I dont necessarily agree with paying a middling QB like Carr 25 per but that's the market.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So he is not a hof. You can do worst in the top 5 than cooper. And no diggs is not better. And when you type excuses for Carr next time, just remember you dont like excuses. 

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

@SilverNBlackFan

That's a good point about Carr liking bigger bodied receivers. Even last week, he ignored Seth and Jordy but Ateman saw 10 targets. Makes me wonder if he's unsure of himself to the point that he heavily favors receivers who're better in contested catch situations.

Hasn't he always been like that? Used to like back shoulders and fades. Loves Cook. Crab was more of a go get the ball WR than Coop who was more finesse.

Archived