Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

That guy you called twice the receiver that Coop is, his average is 824 yds and 5 TDs per season over the same span with no 1,000 yard seasons...

You take "twice the WR" literally and not figuratively.  Diggs is better than Cooper in every facet for the game, watch him play and you will see the guy is a stud.  

Diggs has a stud playing opposite that commands a ton of targets which Cooper never has.  That may be one reason as to why Diggs has yet to crack 1k.  Barring injury he will bust through that this season and  should also end up with 8 or 9 td's.  

Cooper was expected to be a WR that took over game, he clearly wasn't.  Why do you think that is?  Do you think your perception of Cooper is more accurate than how Carr perceived him or the prior coaching regimes and Gruden/RM?  

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You take "twice the WR" literally and not figuratively.  Diggs is better than Cooper in every facet for the game, watch him play and you will see the guy is a stud.  

Diggs has a stud playing opposite that commands a ton of targets which Cooper never has.  That may be one reason as to why Diggs has yet to crack 1k.  Barring injury he will bust through that this season and  should also end up with 8 or 9 td's.  

Cooper was expected to be a WR that took over game, he clearly wasn't.  Why do you think that is?  Do you think your perception of Cooper is more accurate than how Carr perceived him or the prior coaching regimes and Gruden/RM?  

Cuz he has physical traits that most receivers in the league dont have. And he does have the skills to take over games. He's taken over entire game before with monster days where he puts up huge numbers.

And given his success under Musgrave and his success so far with Dallas, yes i do trust my own perception over Carr's perception of him. It's dead obvious that Carr had chemistry issues with him the last year and a half. And like i said, given his success when Musgrave was around and during his short time in Dallas so far, a large part of the problem seems to have been Carr's ability to get Coop targets, not Coop's ability to play better than his numbers indicate in last year and early this year. Go back and watch the early season film. We were all talking and posting clips of Coop getting wide open constantly and Carr never even looking at him. Gruden even called him out for it in a post game presser early in the year for not even seeing him on a wide open deep ball where he toasted the CB covering him.

I dont really trust Carr's perception of any receiver other than Cook and Richard this year honestly. He's glued to his safety valves for most of the games. Personally i dont think he trusts his protection to hold up long enough to let WR routes develop and thats been a root problem of why we've had awful WR production the last 2 years. The line in 2015 and 2016 gave him the confidence to believe he had time to go thru all his progressions without getting beat to hell.

I'm not trying to say that Coop is a GOAT or even a top 5-10 receiver. But he is a legit #1 WR who excels in alot of areas(physical traits and route running in particular) and is more than capable of putting up 1,000 yard seasons annually and being a difference maker who makes big plays. We saw it for 2 years, at times in 2017, and now we've seen it in Dallas. This offense has been a wreck for the last year and a half and he, like everyone else not named Jared Cook, has suffered from it.

22 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Cuz he has physical traits that most receivers in the league dont have. And he does have the skills to take over games. He's taken over entire game before with monster days where he puts up huge numbers.

And given his success under Musgrave and his success so far with Dallas, yes i do trust my own perception over Carr's perception of him. It's dead obvious that Carr had chemistry issues with him the last year and a half. And like i said, given his success when Musgrave was around and during his short time in Dallas so far, a large part of the problem seems to have been Carr's ability to get Coop targets, not Coop's ability to play better than his numbers indicate in last year and early this year. Go back and watch the early season film. We were all talking and posting clips of Coop getting wide open constantly and Carr never even looking at him. Gruden even called him out for it in a post game presser early in the year for not even seeing him on a wide open deep ball where he toasted the CB covering him.

I dont really trust Carr's perception of any receiver other than Cook and Richard this year honestly. He's glued to his safety valves for most of the games. Personally i dont think he trusts his protection to hold up long enough to let WR routes develop and thats been a root problem of why we've had awful WR production the last 2 years. The line in 2015 and 2016 gave him the confidence to believe he had time to go thru all his progressions without getting beat to hell.

I'm not trying to say that Coop is a GOAT or even a top 5-10 receiver. But he is a legit #1 WR who excels in alot of areas(physical traits and route running in particular) and is more than capable of putting up 1,000 yard seasons annually and being a difference maker who makes big plays. We saw it for 2 years, at times in 2017, and now we've seen it in Dallas. This offense has been a wreck for the last year and a half and he, like everyone else not named Jared Cook, has suffered from it.

Spot on!

Archived