Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yeah, it had nothing to do with Carr SMH.  It was an average at best WR Cooper and Crabtree who hasn't done much this year with SB winning QB, a now backup RB in Murray and a terrible RT.  What was I thinking the team was a world beater and had zero to do with Carr.  Tons of All Pro talent on that roster LOL.  Don't be a homer man....

You accuse fans of being Cooper apologists and homers aren’t you doing the same thing for DC ? The guy looks shellshocked imo

Outside of Martavis Bryant how slow is our offense lol also when the last time we traded a player for a 1st round pick ? Was it Doug Freakin Jolley in 05 ?

Edited by SimonGruber
Oh wait Mack lol sorry

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

You accuse fans of being Cooper apologists and homers aren’t you doing the same thing for DC ? The guy looks shellshocked imo

Carr has shown that he can be an MVP QB in the NFL, Cooper has shown nothing more than ever being an average WR.  The reason I stick up for Carr is because I find it hard to believe that he has forgotten how to play at that level at 27 years old.

All we can do is ride this out.  I'm guessing the only players that are safe were 2018 draft picks. 

However, I do believe that Carr, Conley, and Hudson are safe.  Building blocks for the immediate future.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr has shown that he can be an MVP QB in the NFL, Cooper has shown nothing more than ever being an average WR.  The reason I stick up for Carr is because I find it hard to believe that he has forgotten how to play at that level at 27 years old.

Forgot? He was always average. Anyone could play like an MVP behind one of the greatest pass protecting lines in the 100 year history if the NFL and two 1000 yard fringe #1 receivers. 

Carr has been overrated since his rookie year where he had 6.7 YPA and everyone thought he was god. JaMarcus Russell could have a 2:1 TD:INT Ratio with 6.7 YPA. You’re taking zero risk. It was the second lowest ever for a starter if I remember correctly. 

While some “ Town “ fans look down their noses at other Raider fans just because they are from Oak. I do feel kinda bad for them seeing the team blown up b4 the move. ( Its business obviously)

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

i agree however Carr really needs to start stepping up his game, he does look lost (scared) out their on occasion

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Forgot? He was always average. Anyone could play like an MVP behind one of the greatest pass protecting lines in the 100 year history if the NFL and two 1000 yard fringe #1 receivers. 

Carr has been overrated since his rookie year where he had 6.7 YPA and everyone thought he was god. JaMarcus Russell could have a 2:1 TD:INT Ratio with 6.7 YPA. You’re taking zero risk. It was the second lowest ever for a starter if I remember correctly. 

Carr isn't overrated. He is rated right where he should be. His first few years he got praise for his improvement and and then he got praise in the good year for having a good year. No one was saying he was better than avg before that and no one is saying that about him now. In that year he made tons of great throws (don't make me pull up the tape).

The overall point of this whole convo is that starting over at QB would be foolish in a league where it is so hard to find quality guys to play the position and with the fact that we have already invested so much in him.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Carr isn't overrated. He is rated right where he should be. His first few years he got praise for his improvement and and then he got praise in the good year for having a good year. No one was saying he was better than avg before that and no one is saying that about him now. In that year he made tons of great throws (don't make me pull up the tape).

The overall point of this whole convo is that starting over at QB would be foolish in a league where it is so hard to find quality guys to play the position and with the fact that we have already invested so much in him.

Holy c*** the return of NTL!

And we’ll have to disagree, as usual. We will be picking Top 5 again in 2020 and Gruden can get his QBOTF then. I’ve never been sold on Carr and we are starting completely fresh, as it is obviously looking. 

4 minutes ago, BigPerro said:

i agree however Carr really needs to start stepping up his game, he does look lost (scared) out their on occasion

Every QB does when they are under pressure on occasions. Because we watch his every snap it seems more evident to us but really the only guys that I see that don't really have that fear are the guys that haven't learned that they need that fear to survive to the next down. Watch Brady and Brees and Rodgers when they get pressure. We saw what happens to us when Carr get blasted and hurt.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Holy c*** the return of NTL!

And we’ll have to disagree, as usual. We will be picking Top 5 again in 2020 and Gruden can get his QBOTF then. I’ve never been sold on Carr and we are starting completely fresh, as it is obviously looking. 

Yeah, I was working abroad for a few months but...

tenor.gif?itemid=9881428

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I thought you gave up on us when we fired your boy KNJ. 

Nope, I was on a cruise ship with spotty internet service.

Jerry Jones strikes again...

No way Cooper was worth a 1st based on production at ANY point in his career. 

This is one move I actually like.