Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

Disappointed to see Cooper go thought he was going to be a really good WR although we got fair compensation. Really puts the pressure on to hit on every pick now. 

This season is a write off and will have to see who is left after Grudens finished dismantling the roster. So depressing facing another few seasons of not competing.

Only reason you stick with Carr is if you believe he can improve. Otherwise, he's eating a lot of cap space and he won't win you a championship. I think we'll stick with Carr because Gruden believes in him and was hired to build the team around him. I don't know if he's right.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

WOW some of you guys are truly delusional.  Cooper is an average at best WR, has never even sniffed an MVP type season whaich Carr has.  First 3 years in the league 1 QB had more career TD passes... Dan Marino.  

I may be, but I think you’re delusional for thinking Carr is the same QB since that colts game.  He hasn’t been the same mentally since then.  He is broken right now and is not worth what we are paying him.  I loved Carr as our QB, but this isn’t the same guy anymore.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

I may be, but I think you’re delusional for thinking Carr is the same QB since that colts game.  He hasn’t been the same mentally since then.  He is broken right now and is not worth what we are paying him.  I loved Carr as our QB, but this isn’t the same guy anymore.

Why do you think he is broken mentally? I really curious because I just see a QB that is executing a new offense. Now having issues with the offense I can understand.

21 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Why do you think he is broken mentally? I really curious because I just see a QB that is executing a new offense. Now having issues with the offense I can understand.

I feel Carr is consistently rushing the pass, throwing off his back foot, going down at first sign of pressure, constantly checking down when he hasn’t gone thru his progressions, very rarely waiting for WR routes to develop, etc.  He will show flashes here and there of the QB from 2016, but I don’t feel he has been the same since.

7 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I feel Carr is consistently rushing the pass, throwing off his back foot, going down at first sign of pressure, constantly checking down when he hasn’t gone thru his progressions, very rarely waiting for WR routes to develop, etc.  He will show flashes here and there of the QB from 2016, but I don’t feel he has been the same since.

His movement in the pocket is among the worst in the league, and he has little to no improvisational skills once a play has broken down. 

He is simply the wrong type of QB to rebuild with, imo. He is not built to survive behind a less than elite OL. The time to trade him is now while he is healthy and young.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The excuses are already starting for Coop in Dallas.  Now it's Dak's fault and he hasn't taken a snap yet LOL

Have u watched dak? If cooper went and played with luck.. big Ben he'd be a top wr. His skill set is a match for a chance take big arm qb with a good deep ball. Cooper was never used like that here. Carr doesn't have a great deep ball. Carr is a 25 and under yardage thrower. 

Trash cooper but defend carr. Cooper, nelson, Bryant, Jared cook, lynch. Those are some big weapons but hasn't really produced. Sure it's another new system and he's had a lot. But come on.. that's a ton of talent around him. 

I'm not saying abonden carr he will improve I hope. But cooper can be a top 10 wr. Hes still only 24! Sheesh

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

His movement in the pocket is among the worst in the league, and he has little to no improvisational skills once a play has broken down. 

He is simply the wrong type of QB to rebuild with, imo. He is not built to survive behind a less than elite OL. The time to trade him is now while he is healthy and young.

Wait WTF? Did you even watch last week's game? He was using his feet and creating time in the pocket. He had 0 time.

I seriously question many of your ability to evaluate quarterbacks. Carr is throwing more off his front foot now? He had great games versus the broncos and browns. Are you going to forget those? Everyone is getting punked by the Rams defense and he was hamstrung the last 2 weeks with how bad the OL was. The dolphins game wasn't good, I agree.

It's been a mixed bag over his first 6 weeks, but you guys are turning on him way too quickly. He's shown signs of using his legs and maneuvering better in the pocket. His YPA is at an all time high and it's been 6 freaking games. I'm so glad you guys aren't running the raiders front office. For all the jokes about Gruden being a clown, some of you are not only whiners, but would be far worse.

But yes, lets try to flip Carr for a mid round pick to another team and see how that goes. That would be SUCH a good idea right? I can't believe it but me and @Frankie2Gunz totally agree on this one.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Broken mentally lmao. He took 6 sacks and 100,000 hits last week. Who wouldn't be shaken up.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Broken mentally lmao. He took 6 sacks and 100,000 hits last week. Who wouldn't be shaken up.

It goes beyond last week ok last year it was injuries/ Todd downing this year the Oline has regressed Whats it going to take for him to succeed again ? . 

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It goes beyond last week ok last year it was injuries/ Todd downing this year the Oline has regressed Whats it going to take for him to succeed again ? . 

Both can be true. Doesn't make either any less valid.

Last year downing was atrocious. 

This year, Carr looked decent until the OL collapsed and it is his first year in a new system.

Can we not accept that this organization is dysfunctional? If you learn a new system, it takes time. If you OL sucks, it's hard to play well. Tell me straight up that anything I just said is wrong. 

It's going to take reasonably good pass protection and weapons to succeed, just like every quarterback in the league. Carr will also have to make strides too. Balancing conservative play with aggressive shots. Knowing when to take shots. Etc. 

But to say he's broken is a joke. Our offensive situation is nowhere near as good as 2016 rn just watching the product on the field so how can you say he's "broken". The situation is worse so it's harder for him to play well. How is that so hard to understand?

Archived