Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Don't worry about him, @Matts4313. Enjoy Cooper! He's a good kid and will do well for the Boys'.

He is quickly becoming a fan fav. 

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm interested to see if his drops continue. Definitely is a top notch route runner.

No drops in ~35ish targets. He isnt as dynamic as Dez was, but he is much much more fundamentally sound. 

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

At least Dak throws it to him! Amari is like finally!!! I’m getting the targets I need. Too short for the second half my ***!

We are trying to get him the rock, thats for sure. Apparently him and Dak are BFF's. They sit next to eachother every meeting, have lunch together, etc etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

All that said, I am not trying to rub your guys wrong. Hope our 1st turns into K Mack 2.0 for you all. Win/win

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He is quickly becoming a fan fav. 

No drops in ~35ish targets. He isnt as dynamic as Dez was, but he is much much more fundamentally sound. 

We are trying to get him the rock, thats for sure. Apparently him and Dak are BFF's. They sit next to eachother every meeting, have lunch together, etc etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

All that said, I am not trying to rub your guys wrong. Hope our 1st turns into K Mack 2.0 for you all. Win/win

Carr rarely looked his way and he usually had his man beat with his elite route running skills but he did suffer from drops in Oakland badly. The game I saw Sunday had me raising my eyebrow because he usually drops that. The change of scenery and a QB that actually throws it to him has worked some magic. Happy for Amari and the Cowboys! Hope he keeps improving 

that pick I hope lands us Devin White.

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you struggling with what I am saying? His stats will never be outstanding in our offense. Its more his impact on other aspects of the game. 

And we were going to pay $14m for Watkins. $15 for Cooper is a steal. 

Haha because one is foolish doesn't make the other smart.  Neither are worth close to 15 million. The things you are describing are your opinion as to what makes Cooper worth 15 million and a lights out stud. Numbers don't lie and his numbers will never be worth 15 million in production.

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha because one is foolish doesn't make the other smart.  Neither are worth close to 15 million. The things you are describing are your opinion as to what makes Cooper worth 15 million and a lights out stud. Numbers don't lie and his numbers will never be worth 15 million in production.

Wayyyyyy too much for Cooper $ wise for the situation we are headed in the rebuild. I am glad we got what we did while we could. Same agent as Mack. They would try and milk the cow dry.

7 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Wayyyyyy too much for Cooper $ wise for the situation we are headed in the rebuild. I am glad we got what we did while we could. Same agent as Mack. They would try and milk the cow dry.

Yes there is no way Coops agent settles for 15M. 17.5 at a minimum.

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes there is no way Coops agent settles for 15M. 17.5 at a minimum.

If that is the case that is the definition of terrible value, heck 15 is terrible value.  Cooper and his agent have the upper hand in the negotiation process as well.  What is Dallas going to do, not sign him...  There is no way.  Coopers agent knows they value him highly bc they just gave up a first for him which is insane knowing how much he is due as a FA.  Another average WR is about to get paid.

54 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If that is the case that is the definition of terrible value, heck 15 is terrible value.  Cooper and his agent have the upper hand in the negotiation process as well.  What is Dallas going to do, not sign him...  There is no way.  Coopers agent knows they value him highly bc they just gave up a first for him which is insane knowing how much he is due as a FA.  Another average WR is about to get paid.

We need to build an actual defense and OL. Can’t flow the stacks at random positions unless deserved. Our most neglected is LBer by far and DE. Got to roll this rebuild right. And we can definitely get a clear interpretation of our coach in his first real offseason. Off with his head or I like where this is going

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you struggling with what I am saying? His stats will never be outstanding in our offense. Its more his impact on other aspects of the game. 

And we were going to pay $14m for Watkins. $15 for Cooper is a steal. 

Unless a WR is a 1200+ yard per year 8+ TD year guy, he's not worth a 1st round pick and 15 million dollars no matter how you try to justify it. A "steal" at 15 mil a year..... give me a WR who impacts the stat sheet for that price tag. 

The Cowboys go as Elliot goes. Second, they have played since the Cooper trade the Titans, Eagles and Falcons. 2 poor defense who let Elliot run wild. So let's temper things a little that it was Cooper's impact. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Unless a WR is a 1200+ yard per year 8+ TD year guy, he's not worth a 1st round pick and 15 million dollars no matter how you try to justify it. A "steal" at 15 mil a year..... give me a WR who impacts the stat sheet for that price tag. 

The Cowboys go as Elliot goes. Second, they have played since the Cooper trade the Titans, Eagles and Falcons. 2 poor defense who let Elliot run wild. So let's temper things a little that it was Cooper's impact. 

This.

Only time will tell, but so far I'm seeing the same pedestrian numbers and "decoy" hope.  I think that's just who he is.  Extremely talented player that can have a monster game here and there, but will never be the consistent threat week in and week out.

For the record, I don't mind seeing him or Mack succeed on their new teams.  Obviously want the teams to lose for better draft picks, but they can ball out all they want. Good for them.

Archived