Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

OK....Big day today.  Buckethead himself (hence the name) commissioned as an Ensign in the Navy this morning, and tomorrow, will graduate from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.  Buckethead's little sister (a HS senior) and her friend (who she is rooming with this year) made a 450 mile drive (on their own) to the school they are attending in the fall, in order to try out for the school's Flag Corps.  2nd biggest marching band in the country.  (That was nerve wracking as hell, knowing she was traversing 4 states, basically on her own.  :/

Wife's cousin (retired Colonel, Army Cardiologist) read his oath of office, and my uncle (who has basically been his grandfather, as my dad died when he was 3), and a 1950's Air Force veteran, rendered his first salute.  

Suffice to say, I cannot recall a day where I've been more proud as a father.

• Like 5

Anyone have experience with coping after pet loss? Lost my cat to cancer yesterday and I've been kind of aimlessly searching for ways to help the sting subside. Everywhere I look and everyone I talk to says that time is really just it. Idk.

I know I just come on here to talk **** because most of my friends don't give a damn about football, but you guys have indirectly given me a lot of wisdom and advice over the years. I'd appreciate anything anyone can offer up, even in a PM if you'd like to keep things private. 

24 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Anyone have experience with coping after pet loss? Lost my cat to cancer yesterday and I've been kind of aimlessly searching for ways to help the sting subside. Everywhere I look and everyone I talk to says that time is really just it. Idk.

I know I just come on here to talk **** because most of my friends don't give a damn about football, but you guys have indirectly given me a lot of wisdom and advice over the years. I'd appreciate anything anyone can offer up, even in a PM if you'd like to keep things private. 

My step mother has lost 4 dogs in 20 years, she keeps getting new ones. 

Not to replace the old ones in a negative way, but getting a new one just kind of helps her move forward. 

I was frickin wrecked when our dog and cat died. Our cat was a shaun Roger's equivalent sized beast, he wrecked other cats sprawled out like a pimp and died rwalt3d to his obesity.