Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I got past my Dungeons & Dragons phase around 8th grade. Still capturing imaginations all these years later, I see

There's one in every crowd...

This season will be the best season of any show on television this year. There's a reason everyone is talking about it.

I'll let you return to PBS and History Channel documentaries about 'Nam gramps.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that panther in your avy prolly intimidates people.

Maybe going back to the Gilbert any would help?

I'll give ya a like though buddy, no worries.

9_9  yeah I kind if figured that. I had the same problem with the Gilbert one. I loved it in the bball section. People hate him there!

I just began rewatching season 1 with my wife...we didn't get past 3 when we originally started because GoT can honestly get exhausting to watch between everyone getting dead and having to plot out characters' family trees on posterboards just to try to keep up (in that sense it reminds me a little of reading Dune, which is my favorite book - you're dropped into this expansive world that offers so much depth of storyline, but you better learn to swim pretty quickly or you'll be lost by the second act)

55 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

I just began rewatching season 1 with my wife...we didn't get past 3 when we originally started because GoT can honestly get exhausting to watch between everyone getting dead and having to plot out characters' family trees on posterboards just to try to keep up (in that sense it reminds me a little of reading Dune, which is my favorite book - you're dropped into this expansive world that offers so much depth of storyline, but you better learn to swim pretty quickly or you'll be lost by the second act)

Yeah, it's not a sitcom you can just jump into at any point and have a fairly good idea of what's happening, but but it's worth the investment to see it through though.

Fwiw, I'm not a huge sci-fi or fantasy person either, but anything can be good if it's a good story, well told.