Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

9 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Also Hulu Tv is overall a decent product you get to watch all the local sports teams, It runs much smoother on my phone and laptop then on my actual television though.  On the television it frequently is buffering and just outright cuts out forcing you to have to restart programs. This can get to be very frustrating.  Also no NFLN.

Yeah after reading 50 articles and watching 3000 YouTube comparison videos it seems that the consensus is that YouTube TV is be best quality of the bunch for lowest lag time and smoothest streaming. It's also the most expensive option though at $55/mo with no NFLN but you can also stream up to 6 accounts at the same time.

I've heard a lot of people on here liking PS Vue so I might dig into that a bit further 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's the exact reason why I'm looking to switch providers. That, and their internet is absolutely horrendous compared to Spectrum

I love what they offer on cable but now that they got rid of NFLN before the season of dreams that may be the straw that breaks the assless chaps...or whatever the saying is.

Cus ugh the internet is atrocious.

giphy.gif

I"M GOING TO CUT THE CORD TOO!!!!

I'm going to get High Speed through Verizon...and go with my Fire Stick (with Kodi and apps installed) I got a deal for Hulu in Dec for $1.00 a month for 12 months, I am a Amazon Prime member (but never used it for TV) and I got one of my Cousins NetFlix Login's (he has the 4 account package...one for him, one for his wife and one for his kid...he asked me did I want the 4th)...and just roll with it!!!!

Thank you guys for the inspiration!!!! $182.00 a Month is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

I cut the cord 2 years ago. If you want sports PSVue is good for the football season. If you have a Verizon phone download the NFL app and stream games from your phone to your TV. Also you can get a VPN and live in Cleveland every Sunday :)

I use the CBS, fox sports, NBC sports, and ESPN apps on a fire stick and can watch every game I want using PSVue. After football is over I just go back to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDD said:

I cut the cord 2 years ago. If you want sports PSVue is good for the football season. If you have a Verizon phone download the NFL app and stream games from your phone to your TV. Also you can get a VPN and live in Cleveland every Sunday :)

I use the CBS, fox sports, NBC sports, and ESPN apps on a fire stick and can watch every game I want using PSVue. After football is over I just go back to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. 

I literally just cut and pasted this post into a word doc...is sounds like you've been DOING for 2 years already, what I'm trying to do....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's what they quoted me at for standalone internet as well. It's their way to combat cord cutting because the price of standalone internet isn't just $35 per month anymore.

They make it so standalone internet + Hulu TV comes out to be $110, which just so happens to line up with the exact same cost of internet + 1 cable box.

They know what they are doin

My stand alone internet is $49 a month. 

I think my month tv and internet is around $95 a month. Which before the switch was $175 because of AT&T

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I literally just cut and pasted this post into a word doc...is sounds like you've been DOING for 2 years already, what I'm trying to do....

It's not the most user friendly way to do things but it will save you a lot over having cable.

*You have to switch from app to app to change the channel, which is a bit of a pain.

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

@JDD   

Do you run your VPN directly through your Roku/Firestick?  I use a Macbook from school for my primary computer, so i don't want to put a VPN link onto their machine.  

I run one through my fire sticks and cell phone. IP Vanish, 10 devices so I split it with my dad, $90 for 3 years

I don't blame you for not wanting to download an app on a school comp.  

1 hour ago, JDD said:

It's not the most user friendly way to do things but it will save you a lot over having cable.

*You have to switch from app to app to change the channel, which is a bit of a pain.

I run one through my fire sticks and cell phone. IP Vanish, 10 devices so I split it with my dad, $90 for 3 years

I don't blame you for not wanting to download an app on a school comp.  

So, if I figure out how to attach (might not be the right word) my VPN to my router, that school laptop could utilize the benefits of it, without having any software directly on the machine, right?

• Like 1