Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So, if I figure out how to attach (might not be the right word) my VPN to my router, that school laptop could utilize the benefits of it, without having any software directly on the machine, right?

I'll be honest I don't know how you attach it to your router not going through your computer. I'm sure there is an easy way but I don't know how to personally.

3 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Just checking.

So none of you lot stream from less than legit sources over there?

Shhhh can't be talking about that stuff

Just circling back around to this. Called AT&T to cancel, they told me I was locked into my contract with a $150 cancellation fee. Told Spectrum to take care of that and they told me in order for them to use their cancellation powers for my AT&T account that I would NEED to maintain a cable box + internet with them if they are going to do it. I couldnt just have them get me out of the contract and just sign up with internet through Spectrum.

I told the sales rep what I was trying to do with internet + streaming TV and he got super aggressive and went on a rant about how much streaming delays suck and I might not get all the channels I want.

Since it looks like the only way to get out of the $150 cancellation fee is to still maintain cable/internet with Spectrum--Im probably just going to have to ride my entire contract out with AT&T. BOOOOOOOOO CABLE PROVIDERS NO STREAMING TV FOR ME

Edited by AkronsWitness

Genius does not subscribe to prejudice. 

Bluegrass has always been one of my secret sins. So close to the blues. Never heard of this cat. One of the best at the fiddle I’ve ever heard. Even bluegrass haters have to hear the brilliance. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Just circling back around to this. Called AT&T to cancel, they told me I was locked into my contract with a $150 cancellation fee. Told Spectrum to take care of that and they told me in order for them to use their cancellation powers for my AT&T account that I would NEED to maintain a cable box + internet with them if they are going to do it. I couldnt just have them get me out of the contract and just sign up with internet through Spectrum.

I told the sales rep what I was trying to do with internet + streaming TV and he got super aggressive and went on a rant about how much streaming delays suck and I might not get all the channels I want.

Since it looks like the only way to get out of the $150 cancellation fee is to still maintain cable/internet with Spectrum--Im probably just going to have to ride my entire contract out with AT&T. BOOOOOOOOO CABLE PROVIDERS NO STREAMING TV FOR ME

Can you pull your moving and the area your moving too doesn’t get ATT coverage?

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

That last episode of GOT was pure garbage. The battle was cool, but everything else has been really lame/rushed. 

GTFO! That episode was excellent. You literally saw Dany falling apart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

GTFO! That episode was excellent. You literally saw Dany falling apart. 

Heres my thing with GOT. Ive noticed recently there is a large crowd of 'this season sucks' or 'this show is now laughably bad'. I would like to know why? The last episode just had a known character get decapitated, a dragon sniped out of the sky and serious tension/anticipation. Everything the show was originally built on. I feel like people are getting way too picky and are complaining just because its the new cool thing to do apparently. 

The first season captured people because Ned Stark got his head cut off and that was considered 'crazy'. Now we have the same thing happening to a even further extent and people say its lackluster? I think viewers have almost become immune to any sort of plot twist or shock value because GoT has done it for so long that nothing is surprising anymore.  

I feel like anything short of a mass brawl with 90% of the characters dying gruesome deaths in the end will have people upset at this point. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

GTFO! That episode was excellent.

You’re in the minority on this one.

Not a great episode imo.  Rushed is accurate.

Also they crushed just about every “relationship” they’ve spent the last however many episodes and seasons building.  It just seemed rather quick and unnecessary imo. 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re in the minority on this one.

Not a great episode imo.  Rushed is accurate.

Also they crushed just about every “relationship” they’ve spent the last however many episodes and seasons building.  It just seemed rather quick and unnecessary imo. 

I can agree on that, but there are sooooo many storylines they created in the first 5-6 seasons it would literally take 3 more seasons of 10 episodes a pop to fully wrap them all up. Im not sure that was ever in the cards, the show has been filming for a decade. With seasons 7-8 it almost feels like they wanted to start wrapping up because there was no more books to go off of and the actors wanted to move onto other projects.

But that was peoples issue I think in season 6, people were getting restless that there were too many 'filler' episodes with no action. I guess I would call them character development episodes. Then I remember season 7 was far more fast paced with crazy madness every episode and people then said they felt it was rushed. I guess there is no common middle ground lol.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres my thing with GOT. Ive noticed recently there is a large crowd of 'this season sucks' or 'this show is now laughably bad'. I would like to know why? The last episode just had a known character get decapitated, a dragon sniped out of the sky and serious tension/anticipation. Everything the show was originally built on. I feel like people are getting way too picky and are complaining just because its the new cool thing to do apparently. 

The first season captured people because Ned Stark got his head cut off and that was considered 'crazy'. Now we have the same thing happening to a even further extent and people say its lackluster? I think viewers have almost become immune to any sort of plot twist or shock value because GoT has done it for so long that nothing is surprising anymore.  

I feel like anything short of a mass brawl with 90% of the characters dying gruesome deaths in the end will have people upset at this point. 

This happens with literally every show. The last season is always labeled as garbage because it’s not ending how a fan wants it to.

• Like 1