Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yes sir, we have a two year old her needs are a lot more complex.

Kiwi - as you probably already know becoming a parent is a wonderful and terrifying entity - all wrapped up into one. It is the single most physically, emotionally and financially draining experience that ANY of us parents will undertake. But strangely enough, none of us would trade it for the world. Watching your child grow and accomplish each new height is exhilarating.

Re: your two year old daughter. I was raised in a household with 5 brothers. (Fortunately, all still alive and I have good relationships with). But my wife and I raised two daughters. To say raising daughters is a different universe after only knowing boys and their habits growing up is a vast understatement. When the girls turned about 10 or 11 and the hormones invaded - I just held on for dear life. I spent a lot of time at the golf course. Once they got to be about 20, they got their brains back. They are fantastic kids, but even after raising them and having a 40 year marriage, I still have a lot to learn about females and how they communicate. Several conversations at home were NBA conversations - "No Boys Allowed".

Just some ramblings from an old fool.

Congratulations, man!

• Like 2

On 6/23/2019 at 12:24 AM, Kiwibrown said:

I have a son as of 4 days ago. 

DAMNATION!!!! I'm late to the party.....Congrats good Brother....I havent been around as much and just got  a chance to see this one.

Thank the Almighty for the new tiny addition to the Dog Pound!!!! Hopefully Mother and Baby are doing fantastic...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 10:05 PM, candyman93 said:

It’s insane how we are the 2nd most active fanbase on here, but the damn Green Bay sub-forum has almost double the posts we do.

I've always looked at this and wondered.....LOL HOW IN THE WORLD do they do it.....it has to be bots...

On 6/24/2019 at 9:16 AM, MWil23 said:

Excited for you buddy! Enjoy it! It goes by fast.

Just finished a 600+ mile drive home after helping my kid get set up in his first apartment at his new duty station.  Didn't see the other kid for a week, as she was trying out for (and made) the Flag Corps at the school she's attending in the fall.  Couple that with it being my latest, "damn you're getting old" birthday today, and @MWil23, you are absolutely right.  It absolutely FLIES.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Just finished a 600+ mile drive home after helping my kid get set up in his first apartment at his new duty station.  Didn't see the other kid for a week, as she was trying out for (and made) the Flag Corps at the school she's attending in the fall.  Couple that with it being my latest, "damn you're getting old" birthday today, and @MWil23, you are absolutely right.  It absolutely FLIES.

Happy Birthday BHD!

On 6/23/2019 at 11:52 PM, Kiwibrown said:
On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, candyman93 said:

Happy for you Kiwi!

Thanks candy

Don't let candy pawn off his baby on you like he tried to do with me. Luckily my parents taught me to never take a baby from candy.

• Like 3