Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Just now, bruceb said:

Why do you ask?

Just curious, there is a small thought in my mind that perhaps it's different now that he isn't a Brown and he may not have to face the minimum penalty of a 1 year ban and just miss 5 games even though his last two suspensions were more than double that with less positive tests on his resume. I dunno, I'm probably just way off on my thought process, conspiracy theory level even. I'm sure they would have substantially cut his suspension time after his next mess up even if he were in Cleveland. Never mind.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just curious, there is a small thought in my mind that perhaps it's different now that he isn't a Brown and he may not have to face the minimum penalty of a 1 year ban and just miss 5 games even though his last two suspensions were more than double that with less positive tests on his resume. I dunno, I'm probably just way off on my thought process, conspiracy theory level even. I'm sure they would have substantially cut his suspension time after his next mess up even if he were in Cleveland. Never mind.

Was he cleared to be playing today with the Pats?

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Josh Gordon was a Brown and was suspended late last December for violating the substance abuse policy would he have been cleared to resume playing today?

I thought that was a little strange too. Gordon applies for reinstatement on or around Aug. 3rd and be already has been answered by the NFL. That is like fastest the NFL has ever worked on approving anything. It felt like it took them months to decide on Gordon for the Browns

50 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yea but we got obj now so i dont really care tbh.  like i know that josh gordon had that ridiculous year for us, but like STILL it doesnt feel real that OBJ is on the browns

I don't really care either but if we were starving for talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and it went down like this I would be upset about it. If we knew that if he had another positive test that he would only be suspended 2 regular season games we might as well have hung on to him. Of course, I can't help but think if he was still here and this scenario arose he wouldn't be able to seek reinstatement until the 2020 league year.