Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

The hits keep on coming....If you're the kind to do so, say a little prayer for Mrs. Bucketheadsdad.

About 10 years ago she had a very serious health scare, where her heart wasn't working properly (a few days away from being on the transplant list.)  

From what we've learned over the years, every time your heart beats, it is supposed to be pumping between 50%-73% of your blood supply through your system.

10 years ago, hers was pumping only 15%.  Not good AT all.  Through medication and working her tail off, she got hers back up to 53% as of a couple years ago.

Our general practitioner took her off of her blood pressure meds in July, and over the last couple months she's not felt right.  

She made an appt for yesterday at the Cleveland Clinic with her cardiologist, and her blood pressure was absolutely through the roof.  212/140.  

Suffice to say, the cardiologist admitted her immediately.  So, she's getting back onto some more heavy duty meds to get her pressure down, and they did an echocardiogram on her heart this afternoon, and she found out that her heart was only pumping 24% of her supply.  Not good.  Long family history with heart issues in her family, so suffice to say, we're very worried.

Lots of this is related to  job and kid related stress.  Daughter's marching band (Western Carolina University) is marching in the Macy's Parade on Thursday, and my daughter (3rd row in the middle of the flag corps) doesn't know that her mom is sick.  Buckethead knows, and mom wants to go see him for Thanksgiving (not likely to be out of the hospital by then) because he will be heading somewhere to a different area of the planet next week to do his actual "job" with the Navy. (staying intentionally vague there).

So, if you're one to say a prayer, or have a good thought, we sure as heck could use one.  Heck, if you're at the Cleveland Clinic tomorrow, stop on up and say howdy.  I'll be there after the rush hour traffic dies down.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
Tired....can't spell when tired. Ugh
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So, if you're one to say a prayer, or have a good thought, we sure as heck could use one.

You bet. I always like to include the medical personnel also, let them have a winning day and all goes well. Hoping for the best case scenario for her and all of her loved ones it is scary stuff.

13 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Lots of this is related to  job and kid related stress. 

On the lighter side, if you can handle it, you forgot someone.

Not sure why the changed what was working but maybe changing it back can get things back to normal. If not they do amazing stuff now so stay strong.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

The hits keep on coming....If you're the kind to do so, say a little prayer for Mrs. Bucketheadsdad.

About 10 years ago she had a very serious health scare, where her heart wasn't working properly (a few days away from being on the transplant list.)  

From what we've learned over the years, every time your heart beats, it is supposed to be pumping between 50%-73% of your blood supply through your system.

10 years ago, hers was pumping only 15%.  Not good AT all.  Through medication and working her tail off, she got hers back up to 53% as of a couple years ago.

Our general practitioner took her off of her blood pressure meds in July, and over the last couple months she's not felt right.  

She made an appt for yesterday at the Cleveland Clinic with her cardiologist, and her blood pressure was absolutely through the roof.  212/140.  

Suffice to say, the cardiologist admitted her immediately.  So, she's getting back onto some more heavy duty meds to get her pressure down, and they did an echocardiogram on her heart this afternoon, and she found out that her heart was only pumping 24% of her supply.  Not good.  Long family history with heart issues in her family, so suffice to say, we're very worried.

Lots of this is related to  job and kid related stress.  Daughter's marching band (Western Carolina University) is marching in the Macy's Parade on Thursday, and my daughter (3rd row in the middle of the flag corps) doesn't know that her mom is sick.  Buckethead knows, and mom wants to go see him for Thanksgiving (not likely to be out of the hospital by then) because he will be heading somewhere to a different area of the planet next week to do his actual "job" with the Navy. (staying intentially vague there).

So, if you're one to say a prayer, or have a good thought, we sure as heck could use one.  Heck, if you're at the Cleveland Clinic tomorrow, stop on up and say howdy.  I'll be there after the rush hour traffic dies down.  

Ill drop in a prayer for you both. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Lots of this is related to  job and kid related stress.  Daughter's marching band (Western Carolina University) is marching in the Macy's Parade on Thursday, and my daughter (3rd row in the middle of the flag corps) doesn't know that her mom is sick.  Buckethead knows, and mom wants to go see him for Thanksgiving (not likely to be out of the hospital by then) because he will be heading somewhere to a different area of the planet next week to do his actual "job" with the Navy. (staying intentionally vague there).

Good luck with everything. I just left my job at the clinic a month ago where I worked in the heart building. Your wife is in very very good hands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

This place is massive.  Seldom get to the east side of CLE, and had never been here before.  Easy to get lost.  

Not sure about the tunnel from the parking garage.....

Walk towards the lights may not be the best approach for a hospital.  😬

It’s a hell of a lot better than crossing a busy street. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

BP down to 173/84 today

......down even further....152/74 a few minutes ago.  

Heading in the right direction.  Lots of new meds to replace old meds.  

Some good news.  

Of course, she is still adamant about hopping in the car tomorrow, and making the drive to Norfolk before Buckethead "heads out."  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

BP down to 173/84 today

......down even further....152/74 a few minutes ago.  

Heading in the right direction.  Lots of new meds to replace old meds.  

Some good news.  

Of course, she is still adamant about hopping in the car tomorrow, and making the drive to Norfolk before Buckethead "heads out."  

Good to hear BHD. Like others have said she’s in some of the best hands in the world. That campus is literally world class and the envy of most hospitals in the US. 

Prayers my man

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

New meds.....BP down to 130/64 about 2 hours ago.

Things are looking up.  (or actually down.  :) )

Thanks everyone!

She told me that she'd heard from the staff that there had been extra security there, as there was a princess there being treated.

Me being the brilliant wit that I am (OK, self-identified) said, "no, there wasn't a princess being treated here.  There were two princesses being treated here."

Image result for mic drop gif"

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 9