Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d rather see it played in canton on the hall of fame field. Idk much about Columbus but do they have any non Ohio state fields that could support a “pro” team? 

Building a new soccer stadium downtown that opens up next year I think. Old one's gonna go unused. 20-30K seating capacity. Only 24 years old.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I doubt Haslam would want to allow his competition to use the stadium

How is winter football in competition with summer soccer?

The city is not going to let it sit there vacant. He will have to pay to remove it and redevelop the land for sale unless something is done with it.

The smart business move is to either sell the stadium to another sports team or buy an XFL franchise himself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

The city is not going to let it sit there vacant. He will have to pay to remove it and redevelop the land for sale unless something is done with it.

The smart business move is to either sell the stadium to another sports team or buy an XFL franchise himself.

I hope you’re right, but the Clippers old stadium has just been rotting away.

12 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It’s not winter football vs summer soccer, it’s NFL vs XFL. Until they come to agreements of maybe working together, it’s competition

Edited by buno67

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I hope you’re right, but the Clippers old stadium has just been rotting away.

There was a proposal by a group, that included Jeff Gordon, to turn it into a smaller NASCAR track. The locals voted that down and it continues to be an albatross around the city's neck both financially and image-wise. Can't imagine they set themselves up for a more expensive and visible version of the Coop.

Right now, the city plans to turn the old stadium into a sports park and practice facility for the Crew. It's not going to sit idle, but I think they would love to see it taken over by a new sports team and bring in more revenue. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It’s not winter football vs summer soccer, it’s NFL vs XFL. Until they come to agreements of maybe working together, it’s competition

I doubt the NFL feels threatened. It doesn't compete with their TV ratings, so why view it as competition? The smart thing to do is use the XFL to promote the NFL and vice versa.

12 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Right now, the city plans to turn the old stadium into a sports park and practice facility for the Crew. It's not going to sit idle, but I think they would love to see it taken over by a new sports team and bring in more revenue. 

I doubt the NFL feels threatened. It doesn't compete with their TV ratings, so why view it as competition? The smart thing to do is use the XFL to promote the NFL and vice versa.

Now it doesn’t but the league has some potential because it has solid leadership, proper backing, and enough differences to make it watchable. You never know. 

• Like 1