Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

@NudeTayne @big poppa pump @ditchdigger @malibuspeedrace orphans of doom - ii

came out on friday.  High on fire meets mastodon

Oh man....I would love to.  Aren't you in NY?  A bit far for me.

I may be going to see Life of Agony and Doyle at some small joint in Lakewood at the end of the month.

Fozzy going to play at the same place in May.

Edited by big poppa pump
I just realized you were talking about an album, and not a concert....i good at reading comprehension

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

@NudeTayne @big poppa pump @ditchdigger @malibuspeedrace orphans of doom - ii

came out on friday.  High on fire meets mastodon

Quite the sell there--two great bands. I'll check it out.

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

@NudeTayne new intronaut worth it ?

I like it. It's a bit different than their other recent stuff. There is a return to their more dissonant, heavier stuff like the album of theirs, "Prehistoricisms". Most have loved the album, though, other than a few songs like "Cubensis", "Pangloss" and "Sour Everythings", it's a bit less catchy than their last two albums.

That said, I listened to the entire album again the other night with good headphones and 👌👍. I'm a fan. It's another masterpiece of theirs to me, though as you mentioned to that impossible-to-please @malibuspeedrace--how dare--some sounds aren't for everyone.

(1) Prehistoricisms: 10/10

(2) Valley of Smoke: 9.5/10

(3) Habitual Levitations: 8.75/10

(4) Direction of Last Things: 9/10

(5): Fluid Existential Inversions: 8.75

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Quite the sell there--two great bands. I'll check it out.

I like it. It's a bit different than their other recent stuff. There is a return to their more dissonant, heavier stuff like the album of theirs, "Prehistoricisms". Most have loved the album, though, other than a few songs like "Cubensis", "Pangloss" and "Sour Everythings", it's a bit less catchy than their last two albums.

That said, I listened to the entire album again the other night with good headphones and 👌👍. I'm a fan. It's another masterpiece of theirs to me, though as you mentioned to that impossible-to-please @malibuspeedrace--how dare--some sounds aren't for everyone.

(1) Prehistoricisms: 10/10

(2) Valley of Smoke: 9.5/10

(3) Habitual Levitations: 8.75/10

(4) Direction of Last Things: 9/10

(5): Fluid Existential Inversions: 8.75

ive been jamming to mid 2000's crust punk lately

fall of efrafa - owsla
tragedy - nerve damage

and then some progressive doom
chrome ghost - the diving bell
garganjua - toward the sun
that orphans of doom album

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:39 PM, bruceb said:

Bizarre but the same land previously had a house that I watched a swat team supported by federal agents bust because it was a meth lab not long ago before it was razed for the condo structure.

Do not think I would invest in that land.

Indian burial grounds I bet.

On 3/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, mistakey said:

ive been jamming to mid 2000's crust punk lately

fall of efrafa - owsla
tragedy - nerve damage

and then some progressive doom
chrome ghost - the diving bell
garganjua - toward the sun
that orphans of doom album

Check out "Stoner Rock" on Spotify (if you haven't already) got me listening to the band Dr. Smoke

Edited by big poppa pump
orphans of doom is solid

Joe Tuomas might have had a longer career had his diet been better analyzed. It turns out he had food allergies which raised his inflammatory markers, which means his joints didnt heal properly due to excesse inflammation. 

Brownsy way to retire

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Joe Tuomas might have had a longer career had his diet been better analyzed. It turns out he had food allergies which raised his inflammatory markers, which means his joints didnt heal properly due to excesse inflammation. 

Brownsy way to retire

he was always going to have knee issues tho because of him blowing it out in college

not gonna scroll the entire thread, but am i the only one that likes the XFL?  this league is fun.  they show play calls, they allow look ins to the replay booth, they have interviews on the bench after big plays, and the 1,2,3 point extra points are interesting.  overall i find it to be a fun change of pace from NFL and college.l

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bungleodeon said:

not gonna scroll the entire thread, but am i the only one that likes the XFL?  this league is fun.  they show play calls, they allow look ins to the replay booth, they have interviews on the bench after big plays, and the 1,2,3 point extra points are interesting.  overall i find it to be a fun change of pace from NFL and college.l

I don’t disagree

their collective QB play needs a serious upgrade though

Edited by malibuspeedrace
  • Like 1