Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not trying to downplay what you mentioned Akron. However, the truly unique 3 “life changing” events are: 9/11, Katrina, and the 2008 collapse.

The 2000’s just sucked man.

Definitely some hit harder than others. The recession was wild. I remember when gas broke over $5 per gallon and Ive never seen anything like it.

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Saw something today that I found insane. Talked about how much madness and world events that Millennials have seen and grew up with.

Gulf War, Challenger Space Shuttle Crash, 9/11, Y2K, The Recession, Columbine, Iraq War, Climate Change, Hurricane Katrina, Coronavirus, SARS, Ebola, Swine Flu

And you wonder why we grow up weird. Is this how the world normally is or can we go 3 years without some major catastrophe 

Poor baby.

You missed the Cold War, the Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, the assassinations of JFK and RFK and Martin Luther King, the OPEC oil embargoes,  Mt. Saint Helens, Watergate, etc.

Isht always is happening.

Suck it up.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Poor baby.

You missed the Cold War, the Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, the assassinations of JFK and RFK and Martin Luther King, the OPEC oil embargoes,  Mt. Saint Helens, Watergate, etc.

Isht always is happening.

Suck it up.

Dont need to suck it up, just relaying something I saw and thought about. R-E-L-A-X

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dont need to suck it up, just relaying something I saw and thought about. R-E-L-A-X

Think you do if...

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And you wonder why we grow up weird. Is this how the world normally is or can we go 3 years without some major catastrophe

This.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Saw something today that I found insane. Talked about how much madness and world events that Millennials have seen and grew up with.

Gulf War, Challenger Space Shuttle Crash, 9/11, Y2K, The Recession, Columbine, Iraq War, Climate Change, Hurricane Katrina, Coronavirus, SARS, Ebola, Swine Flu

Billy Joel hasn't written anything decent in ages has he!

Edited by Mega Ron
Ish.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Boomer's only hope is that the young idiots just stock up on things like toilet paper, batteries, catfood, etc. 

Dont worry theyll just stock up on minion figurines, ford mustangs, jorts, oakleys and florida summer houses

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is purely a RUMOR

But a shelter in place might be declared friday

Its not that bad from a practical standpoint - the govt optics bothers me- but so much is open still.  Pet food stores restaurants grocery stores media outlets hardware stores transit vehicle maintenance stores

and you can still go outside for exercise

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like Dewine is just trying to not overload the government and unemployment right now. Going into total lockdown is NOT going to be easy.

He is actually doing a great job and is getting a lot of praise. If he wasn’t so old, he could be favored as the a republican candidate for next election. I think he be 77 in ‘24. Just think the dems are being morons for getting angry that he postponed elections 

• Like 1