Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Once again, ignore me. I won’t be offended.

However, I 100% believe that things are going to be shut down completely tomorrow.

Nationwide? I don’t know. That’s way above me.

Columbus? Yes.

Just so you know I’m legitimately asking, I’d like to prepare for it. 

I really cannot see all these shutdowns/quarantines doing much more than prolonging the timelines (they differ all over the world, by state, within states, etc.) for what eventually, inevitably will be widespread exposure to this virus and its mutations prolonging anxiety/apprehension about it and protracting reports of illnesses and deaths steadily ratcheting up.

The price tag of this approach will be astounding and I am not sure whether we will get our money's worth in terms of illness and deaths avoided.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I really cannot see all these shutdowns/quarantines doing much more than prolonging the timelines (they differ all over the world, by state, within states, etc.) for what eventually, inevitably will be widespread exposure to this virus and its mutations prolonging anxiety/apprehension about it and protracting reports of illnesses and deaths steadily ratcheting up.

The price tag of this approach will be astounding and I am not sure whether we will get our money's worth in terms of illness and deaths avoided.

Well this is new so no one knows what will happen and what the best action to take is. We just gotta do our best and hope people take it seriously enough that they don't act stupid and unnecessarily put themselves and others at risk.

As far as the price tag it isn't like money is magically disappearing. Small businesses are hurt, employees are hurt but consumers, who happen to also be both of those are also saving money by not consuming things besides the necessities.

No one knows the answer, not you, me or the millions of know-it-alls out there. We all just should do the best we can and protect those that need protecting and help those that need helping.

As far as average or better off people losing money, I could not care less.

16 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Pennsylvania ordered a mandatory shut down all non-life-sustaining businesses (including mine).

I'm guessing Ohio's announcement will come within the next 24 hours.

California already had a few going. Humboldt County begins at midnight. People are buying lots of Maryjane.

33 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Pennsylvania ordered a mandatory shut down all non-life-sustaining businesses (including mine).

I'm guessing Ohio's announcement will come within the next 24 hours.

This is normally where I’d tell you “whatever you need I’ll help you out” (in sincerity), but I may be in the same boat. Sorry man, just weather the storm. If China can make it through we certainly can.  

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Models said 7 to 8 million Americans would die if we did nothing.

What's the price tag on that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well this is new so no one knows what will happen and what the best action to take is. We just gotta do our best and hope people take it seriously enough that they don't act stupid and unnecessarily put themselves and others at risk.

As far as the price tag it isn't like money is magically disappearing. Small businesses are hurt, employees are hurt but consumers, who happen to also be both of those are also saving money by not consuming things besides the necessities.

No one knows the answer, not you, me or the millions of know-it-alls out there. We all just should do the best we can and protect those that need protecting and help those that need helping.

As far as average or better off people losing money, I could not care less.

16 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It just depends whose models one believes. It's tough to know what to believe or why to believe it when the world is run by liars and thieves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

1. What models? The available data are scant, disjointed, in some cases unrealiable (e.g., From China) and otherwise unprojectible. Sounds like a WAG at best and an exaggerated one at that; and

2. Vitually nothing we are doing will stop the ultimate spread/dispersion of this virus, unless seasonality (e.g., warmer weather) or some other favorable intervening, mitigating factor(s) enter the picture.

This cat is out of the bag/horse is out of the barn/genie is out of the bottle -- pick your metaphor. Ain't no way to contain/control it.