Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not helping.  

I'm not saying that it would be crazy to have one, I just wouldn't participate. I saw the chaos that was political chat rooms way back when while I was using my Web-TV. If you are offering to be a Mod I would buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

The bright side is that the average poster at this site is leaps and bounds ahead of other sites so while I'm sure discussions would get heated this site would probably handle it better than others. That is assuming there was strict moderation for newbies who just come to spew hate.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If it’s not money, what?  If there’s room for soccer or the Falcons to have their own forum, why not politics? It would blow the doors off half the subforums here as far as popularity.  That’s the goal from your end, right?

No that is not the goal.  The goal is quality football discussion.    I allow the non-football discussion to help build community.  However,  Politics is far too polarizing and will just cause conflicts that will leak into the other topics if allowed.

Many members are very happy with the no politics rule.  They enjoy having a place to discuss football without the political bickering found on most social media.   I also have no desire to moderate political discussion.  The “no politics rule” won’t be changed.