Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Is Meds a code word for democrat or what? Are you guys using a different language to have a political debate?

Don't you guys have jobs to go to or som... oops sorry.

I do think we over medicate. If you have a little high blood sugar doctors should have you try to bring it down with exercise and diet until you need a drug but some just write a script. That kind of stuff does say we over medicate. Maybe doctors just lost faith in us doing anything for ourselves but I still think they should try.

As far as the body healing itself, before medication the average lifespan was what? 127 years?

Get out of here you filthy republican..

I mean anti pill pusher!!!

But I agree with your point that doctors have been known to push pills instead of proper diet and exercise. But the debate isnt that. Its if they are a sham or not. And if they work as prescribed.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Is Meds a code word for democrat or what? Are you guys using a different language to have a political debate?

we’ll send you the list of codewords shortly.  A revolucion takes time.

Don't you guys have jobs to go to or som... oops sorry.

pipe down, I worked 2 hours of OT today.  Voluntarily I might add...

I do think we over medicate. If you have a little high blood sugar doctors should have you try to bring it down with exercise and diet until you need a drug but some just write a script. That kind of stuff does say we over medicate. Maybe doctors just lost faith in us doing anything for ourselves but I still think they should try.

doctors treat the issues presented to them.  Most I know are happy to let people work off them if they can’t.  Some make the changes necessary, some don’t. Some do and it’s still not enough.

A doctor isn’t there to prescribe veggies and exercise, that’s the patient’s responsibility.

As far as the body healing itself, before medication the average lifespan was what? 127 years?

Exactly.

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

Get out of here you filthy republican..

I mean anti pill pusher!!!

But I agree with your point that doctors have been known to push pills instead of proper diet and exercise. But the debate isnt that. Its if they are a sham or not. And if they work as prescribed.

And whether the long list of risks and side effects makes them worth the effort?

Just now, bruceb said:

Not saying they are.

Finally found one that I respected and liked.

She started down the pill-pushing path with me but backed off when I let her know that's not my preference.

Has some personal (family) problems and had to retire.

Gonna miss her.

Have to train another all over again.