Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

32 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Is that the same Pizza Hut that is managed by Tony from "Detectorists"?  One of my new found favorite series.

That is a wonderful show isn't it?

We live about 10 mile's from where that is all based. In fact we spent the morning walking some of those fields. No gold though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So bruce, if you catch covid-19, you will NOT take the prescribed medicine from a doctor, correct?

Probably not.

Would depend on a lot of things (e.g., I have been told not to take anything with antihistamines).

37 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

That is a wonderful show isn't it?

We live about 10 mile's from where that is all based. In fact we spent the morning walking some of those fields. No gold though.

Absolutely love it.  When I see people asking for suggestions on what to watch during this time.....It is at the top of the list, then Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, George Gently and Wire in the Blood.  

Acorn TV, which carries a bunch of British, Australian, Irish and other European programs is where I found it, and they have a 30 day free trial (through Sundance TV) for those of you that live in the states.  I really like the British detective shows, as they are basically movies, and dig so much more deeply into the lives of the "suspects" and "victims" than anything we have here in the states.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Absolutely love it.  When I see people asking for suggestions on what to watch during this time.....It is at the top of the list, then Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, George Gently and Wire in the Blood.  

Acorn TV, which carries a bunch of British, Australian, Irish and other European programs is where I found it, and they have a 30 day free trial (through Sundance TV) for those of you that live in the states.  I really like the British detective shows, as they are basically movies, and dig so much more deeply into the lives of the "suspects" and "victims" than anything we have here in the states.

I have so many in my queue that I just haven't found time for yet.  

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Probably not.

Would depend on a lot of things (e.g., I have been told not to take anything with antihistamines).

Yeah, some say that but it isn't a recommendation yet. Same with Advil/Motrin (Ibuprofen).

Tylenol (or acetaminophen) is probably the go to as a fever reducer if you just have the minor symptoms.

😐
4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, some say that but it isn't a recommendation yet. Same with Advil/Motrin (Ibuprofen).

Tylenol (or acetaminophen) is probably the go to as a fever reducer if you just have the minor symptoms.

The stuff I read with Ibuprofen is Experts say there’s no clear evidence that ibuprofen makes COVID-19 worse. Dr from UCLA said there’s no evidence that ibuprofen causes worsening of COVID-19. They basically believe there were issues with patients that cause them to have reactions with the  anti-inflammatory drugs then to just say it was cause by Covid 19

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

No, I mean like across-the-board, never.

Got that opinion in 2014 and haven't had any since even though I believe it was a CYA opinion from a doctor who didn't know/couldn't explain what was going on with me.

Sucks because I have pretty bad hayfever.

Never have taken the other stuff. Used to take buffered aspirin now and then but the doc threw that out the window along with antihistamines.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I want to apologize. I was 100% certain this was going to be announced Friday. I’m sorry if this caused any panic or distress.

Eh, I think we all knew/know this is probably going to be nationwide at some point.

We don't have the resources for it to get widespread. It isn't just trying to save lives but if 40% of the population is sick and a third of them need medical attention we can't come close to handling that.

Honestly Ohio was probably late in their declaration, even though it was already asked, people still had to go to work in many cases. Still waiting on WV to follow suit, our Governor is pretty embarrassing to listen to so don't. WV has a lot of old and young coal miners and a lot production plants on the river (my small town was on the cover of USA Today a couple years ago with the heading: Most polluted cities in America). So there are a lot of at risk people in the state because of damaged lungs so the sooner the better.

I have enough vacation and sick time to take the next 5 months off while getting paid but my wife doesn't so it may get tricky if it becomes an extended thing but we are getting a glimpse (NYC and others) of the devastation this will have on the medical field so it should probably go nationwide.

Still undecided if I'm going to work tomorrow.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The unemployment site couldn’t handle 100,000 people BEFORE this.

Good God what a mess.

I know right, it is crazy!

thank god my wife can work from home and makes enough that it can fully support us

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Ohio is on lockdown now.

Was bound to happen eventually. I wasn't planning on going out much anyway since I can work from home. Only things I need to do is take my dog for walks and get groceries for myself and my grandma.

So SWCS head Bill Wise has decided to have only lunch ladies handing out meals because he doesn’t want to “pay people who aren’t working.” However, he’s cool with the bus drivers in the district sitting on their ***** and not helping.

Only the best in grove city!

Edited by candyman93