Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Actually more like a flu.

Actually as far as symptoms it varies from person to person. Could be as mild as a cold. Could be like type C flu which is mild. Could be like type A or B flu which is more severe. Could be like pneumonia which can be deadly to many.

As far as the condition itself It is a viral respiratory infection so it really seems most closely related to pneumonia. IMO It should be treated like you are spreading pneumonia to others, not the cold  which is mild or the flu which we have vaccines for and have built up defenses for in our bodies from fighting it before. You still want to protect those at risk from the flu but this obviously is going to hit a lot harder until we find a treatment or vaccine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My God did people get a rude awakening to this thing.

What we can learn from this is that by just guessing at something and speaking it like it is truth can have bad outcomes. Not just in this scenario but in general if you have an opinion or a guess, that is fine but don't preach it to others that it is fact or it can be harmful.

My wife's boss said last Friday it was just like a cold. Today, WV sorta installed a stay at home but I'd guess 90% of things fall under essential including my and my wife's workplace. She is taking vacation the rest of the week and I'm taking some sick leave for the time being because we have obligations to older family members that rely on us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What we can learn from this is that by just guessing at something and speaking it like it is truth can have bad outcomes. Not just in this scenario but in general if you have an opinion or a guess, that is fine but don't preach it to others that it is fact or it can be harmful.

yeah, especially when those people have an agenda.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

My wife's boss said last Friday it was just like a cold. Today, WV sorta installed a stay at home but I'd guess 90% of things fall under essential including my and my wife's workplace. She is taking vacation the rest of the week and I'm taking some sick leave for the time being because we have obligations to older family members that rely on us.

Good for you guys, enjoy some nooners (with each other even) and stay safe my guy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@freakygeniuskid, join the revolucion, we need a politics thread.

Have given this some thought and decided not to approach @Webmaster about it since it isn't appropriate in or consistent with the purposes of a sports forum.

Although it would provide spirted discourse among us, help us get to know each other a little better and maybe learn from each other, and provide us with an outlet for our thoughts and concerns among friends of sort, it would distract from the subjects that are and should be the focus of this forum.

We can accomplish the same things through PM, although not as conveniently or widely comparatively.

Would love for it happen, but do not think it is a principled thing to do.

Edited by bruceb
Sp