Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

@bruceb Bringing this up to Webbie again is just beating a dead horse. He has already come in here and explained why it’s not allowed. I agree that if it’s well intended, it’s a worthwhile discussion. But it’s not going to happen, and people get carried away with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I am ashamed to say I only woke up when all the major sporting events started shutting down.

Not sure I have yet, although my wife is making sure I observe the gov's edicts and that I do not have a fever.

@bruceb Bringing this up to Webbie again is just beating a dead horse. He has already come in here and explained why it’s not allowed. I agree that if it’s well intended, it’s a worthwhile discussion. But it’s not going to happen, and people get carried away with it.

You know that you are replying to a reply to @LETSGOBROWNIES enlisting mod support for this, yes?

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good for you guys, enjoy some nooners (with each other even) and stay safe my guy.

It's mostly just shopping and cooking for 2 people (separate houses) and it's family so it isn't like a good deed it's a responsibility. Or payback for taking care of us growing up (these are my in-laws but I expect the same from my sister's husband, as they are doing the shopping for my parents).

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

You know that you are replying to a reply to @LETSGOBROWNIES enlisting mod support for this, yes?

I do see that now. My point stands. I have a history and political science background, so I am all for those good conversations. I just think we are barking up the wrong tree at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I am ashamed to say I only woke up when all the major sporting events started shutting down.

You aren't alone, that's for sure. I took it seriously but didn't know how easily and quickly it would spread that is when it became really serious to people I know about and when we take things more seriously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Stop trying to kill a revolucion.

• Like 2

I do see that now. My point stands. I have a history and political science background, so I am all for those good conversations. I just think we are barking up the wrong tree at this point.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stop trying to kill a revolucion.

• Like 1

Agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There’s no shame in that.The human brain doesn’t like thinking about stressful crap. I’ve followed this thing for awhile now and even I didn’t think it would turn into this. 

If somebody told a president or world leader Yellowstone would erupt a year from now, do you think society would be prepared? It’s not possible. 

Nobody and nothing can prepare for a potentially catastrophic pandemic. It’s why they’re catastrophic. We have the brightest minds in the entire world looking for a cure and a way to keep the economy going, yet there’s no answer.

For some people it still hasn’t registered. Those people disturb me.