Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

In our agony we have now become the 3rd most active team forum! WHAT! I know! We are just ahead of the Washington Redskins.  I think for them losing posting numbers to us, we should automatically be transferred Kirk Cousins contract.  DEAL! To Celebrate I give you.... KATY PERRY!

ssbzukpgif.gif

Edited by OttoGrahamsGhost
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have never plunked down a great deal of money on much of anything from an entertainment point of view (with the exception of purchasing the complete series of both Monty Python's Flying Circus and the Benny Hill Show).  I've never purchased a sports package to watch all of the NFL, or NBA or MLB.....until this week.

I've become so interested in the Australian Football League that I plunked down $149, and purchased the 2018 "Watch AFL" package, which allows me to watch everything associated with the 2017 season, in preparation for the 2018 season (which begins in mid-March.)  

It is a fascinating game, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.  I made my decision to follow a specific team, not unlike @Kiwibrown and @hornbybrown did with picking the Browns (still questioning that judgement ;) ) and I am already on week five of the season.  

Not to mention the fact that they've got a kick butt team song.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I have never plunked down a great deal of money on much of anything from an entertainment point of view (with the exception of purchasing the complete series of both Monty Python's Flying Circus and the Benny Hill Show).  I've never purchased a sports package to watch all of the NFL, or NBA or MLB.....until this week.

I've become so interested in the Australian Football League that I plunked down $149, and purchased the 2018 "Watch AFL" package, which allows me to watch everything associated with the 2017 season, in preparation for the 2018 season (which begins in mid-March.)  

It is a fascinating game, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.  I made my decision to follow a specific team, not unlike @Kiwibrown and @hornbybrown did with picking the Browns (still questioning that judgement ;) ) and I am already on week five of the season.  

Not to mention the fact that they've got a kick butt team song.  

I think the point of difference makes the sports of other cultures are fascinating. 

My brother @hornbybrown is a true sports fan, he loves all sports nearly at all levels. 

I watch the Browns no. 1 and the NZ cricket no. 2 and then the all blacks no. 3 (they pretty much have no competition world wide which sucks).

I love the difference between rugby and the NFL. 

Also I love the media circus that follwos every american sports team. The Crusaders, my local rugby team had afew guys doing coke, heaps of people knew about it. Media didn't care. The best rugby player in the world left a game at half time , 10-15 years ago. He went to the bars in Auckland, and was jumping around as high as a kite on e or coke or something and people knew and didn't care too much. 

There was a rugby league player that took a dumb in the hotel hall way in the nude after a big game, he got suspended. for a long time everyone knew that the players were feral animals, we watched them play but we didn't expect them to be saints, because they aren't, an won't be. 

I am not sure if mass social media is a good thing or not. it certainly ruined Johnny footballs career as a player. 

He probably could of been serviceable using drugs and running around making some plays winning just under half the games on a good team. I am totally against drugs buy the way. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 3:22 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I think the point of difference makes the sports of other cultures are fascinating. 

My brother @hornbybrown is a true sports fan, he loves all sports nearly at all levels. 

I watch the Browns no. 1 and the NZ cricket no. 2 and then the all blacks no. 3 (they pretty much have no competition world wide which sucks).

I love the difference between rugby and the NFL. 

Also I love the media circus that follwos every american sports team. The Crusaders, my local rugby team had afew guys doing coke, heaps of people knew about it. Media didn't care. The best rugby player in the world left a game at half time , 10-15 years ago. He went to the bars in Auckland, and was jumping around as high as a kite on e or coke or something and people knew and didn't care too much. 

There was a rugby league player that took a dumb in the hotel hall way in the nude after a big game, he got suspended. for a long time everyone knew that the players were feral animals, we watched them play but we didn't expect them to be saints, because they aren't, an won't be. 

I am not sure if mass social media is a good thing or not. it certainly ruined Johnny footballs career as a player. 

He probably could of been serviceable using drugs and running around making some plays winning just under half the games on a good team. I am totally against drugs buy the way. 

Just as a side note, right up until the 50's, a RB had to be completely held down or he could still get up and run if he could get loose from his tacklers, just shows how far pro football has moved from its transition from rugby.

• Like 1

?format=1500w

I was reading an article on ESPN and someone commented on the logo that the Hue Jackson foundation against human trafficking uses. Seems a little too on point for a cause  "dedicated to supporting non-profit organizations that embolden and offer hope to victims of sexual exploitation and coercion."