Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s also tax deductible I’m sure, so while generous, it also benefits them.

Im glad their doing it, but the fanfare around it....

Yeah it's a good thing even if it isn't much of, if at all a sacrifice. I wonder if he will get more from the economic relief package than what he donated though.

• Like 1

I’ll be honest. I definitely don’t donate a lot.

However, I do donate to Charity Newsies. That organization was a God send to people like my father when he was a child. 

If I’m being honest with myself, it will probably be the only organization I ever donate to.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll be honest. I definitely don’t donate a lot.

However, I do donate to Charity Newsies. That organization was a God send to people like my father when he was a child. 

If I’m being honest with myself, it will probably be the only organization I ever donate to.

You have to be careful when donating to any organization.

When I lived in the DC area I dated a girl that worked at the United Way.

She told me never to give them a nickel as 90%+ of money donated to them went to staff, including lavish compensation to execs, and otherwise was misdirected and wasted.

Now this was over 40 years ago and things there might be better now but I still heed her words and carefully check each organization I donate to.

• Like 1

Just now, bruceb said:

You have to be careful when donating to any organization.

When I lived in the DC area I dated a girl that worked at the United Way.

She told me never to give them a nickel as 90%+ of money donated to them went to staff, including lavish compensation to execs, and otherwise was misdirected and wasted.

Now this was over 40 years ago and things there might be better now but I still heed her words and carefully check each organization I donate to.

The organization I’m referencing accepts money and clothing. It’s kinda hard to do something shady with clothing donations.

6 hours ago, JDD said:

I always thought this song was the example used to make the judgement night movie soundtrack. Which IMO is the best soundtracks for a movie of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Night_(soundtrack)

Still have that CD. 

The De La Soul/Teenage Fanclub track that samples Tom Petty is flawless. Not an ideal example of the rock/rap fusion they were shooting for, but great execution of the idea.

• Like 1

The owner if Joe's Deli (Rocky River) was admitted into a hospital on 23-Mar with symptoms of Covid-19.

On 17-Mar, Joe's Deli sold 10,000 lbs of corned beef through carryout, mostly sandwiches I presume.

I have read so many different things about this virus, it's timeline, how it is spread, etc., that I am sure I do not know what to make of this.

Seems to me, though, that this is not a good thing for Rocky River.

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The owner if Joe's Deli (Rocky River) was admitted into a hospital on 23-Mar with symptoms of Covid-19.

On 17-Mar, Joe's Deli sold 10,000 lbs of corned beef through carryout, mostly sandwiches I presume.

I have read so many different things about this virus, it's timeline, how it is spread, etc., that I am sure I do not know what to make of this.

Seems to me, though, that this is not a good thing for Rocky River.

One of my favorite local restaurants. They have the best German dumpling soup. I wonder if he’s a worker/owner  

I believe someone was already tested and confirmed in river and Fairview. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

One of the reasons New York is so bad (besides the obvious reason of NYC being insanely populated and crowded) is that they have this idiot as the head of their health committee.

Mark D. Levine on Twitter: "NYC alone has had triple the deaths of ...

Also cause the president wouldnt let us use federalism to localize our testing in the most vital part of the outbreak

also cause they diverted all flights to like 4 airports from china