Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

what cure you got other than vaccine? hydroxychloroquine??? 

theres some other drugs out there, gilead's remdesivir is one of them, they're ramping up production.  theres more cure candiates out there as well.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

theres some other drugs out there, gilead's remdesivir is one of them, they're ramping up production.  theres more cure candiates out there as well.

thats cool. I am used to antivirals being near non existent and not effective. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

@Kiwibrown
https://news.yahoo.com/emergency-room-doctor-near-death-054816082.html

The doctors tried a drug called Actemra, which was designed to treat rheumatoid arthritis but also approved in 2017 to treat cytokine storms in cancer patients.

"Our role was to quiet the storm," said Dr. Samuel Youssef, a cardiac surgeon. "Dr. Padgett was able to clear the virus" once his immune system was back in balance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

That is interesting, i have read some people die late in the disease due to cytokine storm. RA drugs usually suppress the immune system, and people that have had steroids/immunosuppressive meds have done very poorly with covid. So giving a supr3ssing agent is ballsy unless it is very selective.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is interesting, i have read some people die late in the disease due to cytokine storm. RA drugs usually suppress the immune system, and people that have had steroids/immunosuppressive meds have done very poorly with covid. So giving a supr3ssing agent is ballsy unless it is very selective.

seems like theres some sort of inflection point where the immunosuppressives go from inviting in the virus to stopping the body from attacking itself but im just an idiot software engineer
if it is the case tho its gotta be hard to figure out when to give the immunosuppresives
i am glad i am not a doctor

• Like 1