Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

seems like theres some sort of inflection point where the immunosuppressives go from inviting in the virus to stopping the body from attacking itself but im just an idiot software engineer
if it is the case tho its gotta be hard to figure out when to give the immunosuppresives
i am glad i am not a doctor

People with respiratory disease like COPD/Asthma often need steroids or on a long term steroid and with COPD they often need antibiotics as well. Apparently the people with COVID have been doing terrible when given steroids and they are not giving asthmatics and people with COPD steroids. 

Also it is reported NSAIDs like ibuprofen, excluding paracetamol have been linked to higher mortality rates, one of Drs here wont give them to patients, but others have. There is much coming out it is hard to know what to believe. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

People with respiratory disease like COPD/Asthma often need steroids or on a long term steroid and with COPD they often need antibiotics as well. Apparently the people with COVID have been doing terrible when given steroids and they are not giving asthmatics and people with COPD steroids. 

Also it is reported NSAIDs like ibuprofen, excluding paracetamol have been linked to higher mortality rates, one of Drs here wont give them to patients, but others have. There is much coming out it is hard to know what to believe. 

Such a foreigner... ;) 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

It makes for a fun birthday when there's a lockdown AND there's snow...

This weather is for the birds. I feel like Fall/Spring dont even exist anymore its just either Summer or Winter with nearly no slow transition. Next weekend its supposed to go back to 65 degrees but the next week is going to be low-mid 40s.. what the hell.

It might take all the way into May until we hit consistent weather above 65.... boooooooooo this. Its like we have 5 months of good weather and 7 months of cold crappy rainy/snowy weather anymore.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol this is an awful/wonderful joke that likely needs explained to many.

Yeah I laughed at how stupid it was when I thought it up which meant it had to be pretty stupid so I shared. Not my fault, it was a Wendy's commercial that put it in my head.

• Like 1