Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bruh, just hit east glacier yesterday, headed to west glacier in an hour or so.  

Enjoy! I'm jealous.

Ive drank 27 different beers thus far on the trip and the goal is 100 (beer flights mostly, I’m not that big of a drunk.)

Lol saw one yesterday.

Driftboat and Wheatfish Wheat (Great Northern Brewing) are fantastic.

Side note:

@NateDawg referenced the watch out for the bears because in 2010 we both had a near death experience with a female black bear and her cubs. This is 100% the truth.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

Have any of you Guys ever built/installed your own fence for your backyard?

my wife had a fence company come out and quote us an estimate and they said it be around $9k. One side would be wood privacy fence and the other sides basically would be mesh fencing. I think if we did the whole thing as privacy it would be too much. Doing that because the one neighbor is creepy and really don’t want to see him. The mess side will go to the neighbors that is my sister in law. 

I am looking at DIY videos of fencing and I totally feel like I could do that by my self with some help when needed. I feel like I am pretty handy. I feel like if I did it myself it would be a lot cheaper and we could do the privacy fence all the way around. 

Just want to know if anyone else has done it and if it’s harder or easier than one would think. I think it be tough but not the worse job. I’ve been researching too if cement should be used, the foaming product, or using the big metal stakes to support the posts 

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hey @mtmmike, was over your way the other day when we did a somewhat unplanned trip across Beartooth.  We planned to do it next week on our way back east, but decided to hit it going from Billings to Bozeman.  Holy hell man, what a friggin drive.

souds good let me know if i we can meet up you have my number text messages are best

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

Have any of you Guys ever built/installed your own fence for your backyard?

my wife had a fence company come out and quote us an estimate and they said it be around $9k. One side would be wood privacy fence and the other sides basically would be mesh fencing. I think if we did the whole thing as privacy it would be too much. Doing that because the one neighbor is creepy and really don’t want to see him. The mess side will go to the neighbors that is my sister in law. 

I am looking at DIY videos of fencing and I totally feel like I could do that by my self with some help when needed. I feel like I am pretty handy. I feel like if I did it myself it would be a lot cheaper and we could do the privacy fence all the way around. 

Just want to know if anyone else has done it and if it’s harder or easier than one would think. I think it be tough but not the worse job. I’ve been researching too if cement should be used, the foaming product, or using the big metal stakes to support the posts 

If you call OUPS, they'll come out and tell you the property line/other stuff you'd need to dig the holes for the fencing.

Privacy fences are no joke in terms of money cost. You'll need A LOT of lumber. You could always ask your company who gave you an estimate for a "lumber estimate" and then know about how much to buy for your DIY project. That's a fun way to game the system.

My brother in law did his entire backyard himself and it looks great. However, he knows what he's doing with driving a bobcat and using the auger/post-hole digger.

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you call OUPS, they'll come out and tell you the property line/other stuff you'd need to dig the holes for the fencing.

Privacy fences are no joke in terms of money cost. You'll need A LOT of lumber. You could always ask your company who gave you an estimate for a "lumber estimate" and then know about how much to buy for your DIY project. That's a fun way to game the system.

My brother in law did his entire backyard himself and it looks great. However, he knows what he's doing with driving a bobcat and using the auger/post-hole digger.

I think if you take your dimensions to the likes of Lowe’s and Homedepot they can estimate it and tell you exactly what you need to build and the cost of everything. That would be my first idea, try and get them to get the pricing down for me and compare it to other places and online for certain things. 

Yeah having a bobcat and auger makes the job so much easier and could get it done a lot sooner. My goal would be to start it by July and try and get it done before the end of summer lol 

I don’t have the experience of say your brother but I do consider myself pretty handy. 

Biggest thing is my wife would want Vyinel  siding. It would be cheaper to do it all myself. Just take a lot longer

Just now, buno67 said:

I think if you take your dimensions to the likes of Lowe’s and Homedepot they can estimate it and tell you exactly what you need to build and the cost of everything. That would be my first idea, try and get them to get the pricing down for me and compare it to other places and online for certain things. 

Yeah having a bobcat and auger makes the job so much easier and could get it done a lot sooner. My goal would be to start it by July and try and get it done before the end of summer lol 

I don’t have the experience of say your brother but I do consider myself pretty handy. 

Biggest thing is my wife would want Vyinel  siding. It would be cheaper to do it all myself. Just take a lot longer

My brother in law got his entire backyard done in 3 days with 2 of his buddies helping him. You just need a full day for the bobcat, then return that. After that, you basically have a lot of time to do whatever.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My brother in law got his entire backyard done in 3 days with 2 of his buddies helping him. You just need a full day for the bobcat, then return that. After that, you basically have a lot of time to do whatever.

What did he use the bobcat for?

the hardest part seems to be installing the posts. I’ve been trying to research the easiest and best way to install them. Concrete is the hardest and take he longest because of the time to cure. The foam way seems legit but it’s kind of pricey. The spikes seem legit but seem like they might not last very long

12 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Who all is available in the Supplemental Draft?

high nice to talk tp you

some of the players

1 beal cb some boards have him going in the first round

brandon bryant 6 feet tall 215 and runs a sub 4.3 fourty

adonis alexander 6.3 three inches tall with coverage skills