Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol when I worked bedside I’d train new hires and students and I’d let them stick me if they were nervous (actually if they were really nervous I’d make them stick me before someone else) so I know that feeling well.

It’s even worse when someone starts digging and you’re a nurse though.  I had to get blood drawn for a life insurance physical and I have pretty large, pretty good veins and this chick missed twice on me and I’m just looking at her incredulously the whole time before taking the needle and doing it myself.

The absolute worst though are the dudes cover in tattoos who are absolute vaginas about needle sticks. Like bruh, you know how they made that picture on your arm, right?

It was the end of my shift and this guy needs an iv. He is an ex iv drug user so veins will be shot. 

I have a look at him and he is covered in tatatoos. I tell him what I am there to do. His misses replies ‘he is scared of needles’ 

what the hell, how do you ruin all of your veins cracking it up, while being scared of needles? Probably need twice the amount of what you are taking to get over your freak out of the needle. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It was the end of my shift and this guy needs an iv. He is an ex iv drug user so veins will be shot. 

I have a look at him and he is covered in tatatoos. I tell him what I am there to do. His misses replies ‘he is scared of needles’ 

what the hell, how do you ruin all of your veins cracking it up, while being scared of needles? Probably need twice the amount of what you are taking to get over your freak out of the needle. 

Yeah they’re great too.

It’s funny, those bros always needed IV’s for pain meds so I’d just tell them “Ok, we don’t need to put one in.  I’ll let the doc know and they’ll switch you to oral meds.”

Faced with the horrific option of not getting stoned on Dilaudid/Phenergan/Benadryl they almost immediately put their brave face on.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah they’re great too.

It’s funny, those bros always needed IV’s for pain meds so I’d just tell them “Ok, we don’t need to put one in.  I’ll let the doc know and they’ll switch you to oral meds.”

Faced with the horrific option of not getting stoned on Dilaudid/Phenergan/Benadryl they almost immediately put their brave face on.

These sound like ER problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah they’re great too.

The courage is inspiring. 

We had a lady that would take 4 shots of im pethedine in her fat behind and then would get up and take a walk to increase the absorption and get high as f. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wincing is perfectly fine, no one likes needles. I’m talking about whining and acting like I’m trying to cut their arm off. 

Some dudes are awful man, I’m embarrassed for them.

Needles at the dentist suck. Having blood taken or getting a shot shouldn't make you wince, unless you don't like needles which is for a reason other than pain I believe.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:42 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Can’t lie I really give credit to the nursing clan. I couldn’t do your job. Looking at penises, vaginal tracts, anus flair outs. Cleaning bed pans. Your crazy hours. Old people that hit on you. I have many friends that are nurses from psych ward nurses to emergency room nurses. One a first responder, sheesh the stories he tells me. He works close to inner city Cleveland. Seriously I give you guys major props. You and @LETSGOBROWNIES  

Ok I didn’t mean to derail this thread. Lets get back to talking about Chubb. 

Been thinking about this post and nursing in general. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about the profession (probably true of all professions anyway). I think it is a job of extreme privilege, you get to help people in some of the worst parts of their lives. The other day, I received a pt around 2030, had a chat, turns out we had lived near each other for a coupe of decades. His obs were ok, Iet the Dr's know about them, I went to the toilet and came back had a look at him and he looked awful, a grey kind of color, he wasn't able to speak to me like he was 5 minutes ago. I called the Dr, he was useless and didn't really do much, except say he was going to call the surgeons . I called a clinical emergency and we did CPR for 18 minutes, which failed. 

I held his hand and prayed for him as he left this world. 

It is a wonderful privilege to be a part of that. pretty tough though. 

• Like 2

Man how the hell am I suppose to follow Kiwi’s post lol

i just wanted to come in here and vent about my POS Brother in law again. We are maybe 7-10 days from our house being completely done and moving out of my in-laws house. 

The d-bag is lucky that I respect my wife and my mother and father in law that I don’t say or do anything back to him. He knows it so he at times will run his mouth towards me or around my wife. Like yesterday, wife and I come back from taking the daughter from playground. Come home and brother and father in law are mulching the flower beds. I pull in and I have no idea where they want me to park. Pull in and stop asking my wife where I should park the car so it’s not in the way and her brother just yells out ‘stupid mother-f’er’. Father in law tells me to park and we are find. I’m just sitting there thinking are you freaking kidding me. 45mins later or so, my wife is talking to me. She kinda apologizes to me about it and says she doesn’t know how I put up with that. I just say it’s whatever and im use to his BS blah blah blah. I’ve told her before during other crap he has done that I would retaliate but don’t out of respect for you and your parents. Example of him running his mouth to my wife. Get my wife and new bottle of wine, a new release from a local winery, it’s the kind she likes. She is drinking it, her brother asks where did you get that from, she said buno67 bought it, he says don’t you mean you bought like a smartass. Yeah my wife is the bread winner and makes twice as much money as I do. But this is coming from the dude who is 26 and Still leaves with his parents and doesn’t pay any bills outside of his car. 

God i want beat his butt. The dude needs to get his butt handed to him because his over inflated ego is out of control. 

Edited by buno67

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@buno67 dude sounds like a ball bag, no doubt.

No way I’d be listening to that nonsense and saying nothing though, good for you.

Yeah dude lives in his own bubble. Sisters were 4-5years younger then him and they were twins. So they had each other to play with. So IMO the mom really babied. Dude acts like an only child when he is just the youngest. I was the youngest of 4 and I don’t ever act like this. Dude has never lived on his own or with a roommate. Never went off to college. Just commuter and lived at home. So much stuff I would love to rip into him on. I just bite me tongue. I swear I’m on the verge of biting through tho. 

52 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@buno67 He's due for a rude awakening sooner or later. Let him think he's the smartest ****** in the room, makes for an even better hard dose of reality.

He is and I just wish it would happen sooner. He loves to think he is the smartest guy in the room. IMO he likes to think he is some amazing dude but dude has never really accomplished anything. Never lived on his own parents basically still pay all his bills, so he thinks he is a financial wizard and has questioned others about their spending habits. Easy to do when you only pay a car payment and nothing else. Like the dude went to school for pre-law but didn’t want to take the LSAT in my opinion was afraid too. Next venture was become a realitor or whatever, did all this stuff for it but again never took the test to get the license. Now he is working in a factoring, making good money something like $15+ an hour with a lot of OT but to me that is the easy way out. Dude has never failed in life but has never truly pushed himself but yet thinks he knows everything. Has questioned my marriage to my wife because In the past 10months in living with the in laws we have had fights. He has gotten upset over that because it caused stressed/tension. By this bag has never been in a true relationship, pretty sure his parents have never met a girlfriend. To me that’s a joke. 

Man im getting triggered now just thinking about this tool