Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Holler.

I'd appreciate any info you can be bothered to pass my way.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 kids as well. Unfortunately.

Imagine how good it could be flying solo for a month. 

Brought this over here...

All my traveling there has been with the wife and kids too, so I’m with ya.  Are you a “nature guy”?  Any plans for national parks?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Brought this over here...

All my traveling there has been with the wife and kids too, so I’m with ya.  Are you a “nature guy”?  Any plans for national parks?

Definitely. We have lots of green space around here that we take the children to.

We may hire a Winnebago for part of the journey 

3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Definitely. We have lots of green space around here that we take the children to.

We may hire a Winnebago for part of the journey 

Mt. Rainier, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks are all gorgeous.  Haven’t been to Yosemite (had to cancel due to wildfires) but it’s supposed to be incredible. North Cascades are incredible too, but remote. Hit any that you can, there’s some incredible stuff there.

Pacific Coast Highway is a great drive, you’ll see Big Sur and the Bixby Bridge, etc.  Cannon Beach in Oregon is beautiful.

The seals and sea lions all along the coast are awesome, kids will love them.  Lots of whale watching tours too.

You’ll be driving through wine country, go to at least one vineyard.  You’ll get laid that night without even begging, I promise.

Lots of great food the whole way, make sure to eat a lot of seafood (the whole trip) and Mexican once you get to Cali. Elotes, mangos with Tajin, burritos, etc.   Not sure if food trucks are a thing in England, but they are here.  They may look sketchy, but literally every one I’ve eaten at has been legit. 

Lots of homeless folks kind of everywhere tbh, but they generally mind their business and are harmless.  Weed is legal in all those states and folks will be smoking it in public.  I only mention it as you’ve got the kiddos. 

San Diego is heaven on earth weather wise.  It’s really gorgeous.

Pretty basic, but I’d happily answer any questions you have.  If there’s anything I like more than the Browns, it’s road trips and travel. 

Oh, and personal opinion, eff the Winnebago, rent a car, drive and stay in hotels.  It’ll probably be cheaper and give you more space.  Also, depending on where you’re driving, RV’s can be a pain (parking will be rough in cities).

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mt. Rainier, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks are all gorgeous.  Haven’t been to Yosemite (had to cancel due to wildfires) but it’s supposed to be incredible. North Cascades are incredible too, but remote. Hit any that you can, there’s some incredible stuff there.

Pacific Coast Highway is a great drive, you’ll see Big Sur and the Bixby Bridge, etc.  Cannon Beach in Oregon is beautiful.

The seals and sea lions all along the coast are awesome, kids will love them.  Lots of whale watching tours too.

You’ll be driving through wine country, go to at least one vineyard.  You’ll get laid that night without even begging, I promise.

Lots of great food the whole way, make sure to eat a lot of seafood (the whole trip) and Mexican once you get to Cali. Elotes, mangos with Tajin, burritos, etc.   Not sure if food trucks are a thing in England, but they are here.  They may look sketchy, but literally every one I’ve eaten at has been legit. 

Lots of homeless folks kind of everywhere tbh, but they generally mind their business and are harmless.  Weed is legal in all those states and folks will be smoking it in public.  I only mention it as you’ve got the kiddos. 

San Diego is heaven on earth weather wise.  It’s really gorgeous.

Pretty basic, but I’d happily answer any questions you have.  If there’s anything I like more than the Browns, it’s road trips and travel. 

Oh, and personal opinion, eff the Winnebago, rent a car, drive and stay in hotels.  It’ll probably be cheaper and give you more space.  Also, depending on where you’re driving, RV’s can be a pain (parking will be rough in cities).

Noted on the Winnebago.

Our honeymoon was spent driving from San Francisco to LA where we did wine tasting and stopped at some of the nicest towns I've ever been to.

😂 My wife was pregnant so the wine tasting was enjoyed solely by myself and she was designated driver.

Do you, or does anyone else, know if there are any resort type places that have kids clubs?

Ideally we'd stay somewhere like the national parks in some plush place that has accomodation where we can have the kids in their own, adjoining room(s).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

So my wife and I found out last night that we will be having a boy. Lil’ dude is due July 10th. 

Beat part he might have been conceived during the 2nd half of the Browns Jets game. Tried telling my wife it was meant to be and that we should name him Baker... she wasn’t happy with that comment lol

Congratulations!

I was born almost 9 months to the day of the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis.  I am one of those, "Oh, what the hell, the world is going to end anyways" babies.  Try talking to your therapist about that!  ;) 

22 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Anybody have a ps4? Although I'm sure to run into you guys at the piss trough in the stadium (you gotta make money somehow), I'd rather we kept our connections digital. Send me your username and I'll add you. 

i have a PS4, and am going hard in with Battlefield V for the next few months.