Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wow it’s supposed to be cold tomorrow. For real?  It’s damned winter. I’ve been thru this my entire life. Sensationalism at its best. 

If Bill Murray were standing in the corner eavesdropping on this post, then you happened to catch him out of the corner of your eye and turned to him suddenly, would he make a sound?

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wow it’s supposed to be cold tomorrow. For real?  It’s damned winter. I’ve been thru this my entire life. Sensationalism at its best. 

Yeah man, folks are acting like our lives are going to be flipped upside down.

Is it cold?  Supposedly, but I haven’t been outside and it’s still 68 in my house.

Luckily I haven’t frozen to death yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Technically you can’t been thru this your entire becuase it has only been this cold like this 5 times or so over the past 30years. So you have been through winter your whole life but this extreme cold, you have only experienced it a few times

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah man, folks are acting like our lives are going to be flipped upside down.

Is it cold?  Supposedly, but I haven’t been outside and it’s still 68 in my house.

Luckily I haven’t frozen to death yet.

I’m hoping for another “cold/snow” day tomorrow. There’s a cold warning until 1:00 PM tomorrow. Think of the children for crying out loud!

L61T.gif

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Technically you can’t been thru this your entire becuase it has only been this cold like this 5 times or so over the past 30years. So you have been through winter your whole life but this extreme cold, you have only experienced it a few times

The difference as it impacts your life is next to nothing though.

-15, -10, 0, 5, whatever, it’s cold.  You’re not spending much time outside unless absolutely necessary, you need to dress accordingly, hit the remote start a few minutes earlier....

I think his point about news/weather stations whipping everyone up with the sensationalism is legit imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m hoping for another “cold/snow” day tomorrow. There’s a cold warning until 1:00 PM tomorrow. Think of the children for crying out loud!

L61T.gif

Eat my shorts bro, the little one was sick yesterday and Monday and now he’s off today.

He needs to go to school and get out of the house tomorrow.

• Like 1

We're already cancelled for tomorrow too.  

I brought home everything that I need to work on, haven't looked at it yet.  Doing a little house cleaning, and watching "The Americans."

This is our 5th weather day of the year, so now, if any more are missed, the kids have online assignments that they must complete in lieu of the next possible three days.

Probably going to take a nap in a little while.  

Image result for because i can gif

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Nope. I’ve seen temperatures like this my whole life. Pretty easy concept. 😉

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The difference as it impacts your life is next to nothing though.

-15, -10, 0, 5, whatever, it’s cold.  You’re not spending much time outside unless absolutely necessary, you need to dress accordingly, hit the remote start a few minutes earlier....

I think his point about news/weather stations whipping everyone up with the sensationalism is legit imo.

This. Was watching the news last night and the way they were talking sounded like if you go out it would mean immediate death. Also said we haven’t seen this severe cold in like 20 years. Which is bs we have negative temps every year. 🥶

Oh well, overnight rant over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

This. Was watching the news last night and the way they were talking sounded like if you go out it would mean immediate death. Also said we haven’t seen this severe cold in like 20 years. Which is bs we have negative temps every year. 🥶

Oh well, overnight rant over. 

Yeah it’s -3 here right now.

That happens literally every year.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s -3 here right now.

That happens literally every year.

The last time we had a DAYTIME HIGH below zero was 25 years ago:  1994 (-3)

thats from fox8. We see negative temps during the overnight and lows but rarely negative temps for highs like we currently are seeing

Also

Only 4 of the last 20 winters have had wind chills at or below -20: (2015, 2014, 2009, 1999)

Only 5 of the last 35 winters have had wind chills at or below -30: (2014, 2009, 1994, 1990, 1984)