Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

-Wife’s phone breaks

- Wife asks to use my phone for the day cause she drives an hour to work and is 20weeks prego and an ice storm is suppose to hit

-I change passcode to phone to my wife’s passcode to make it easier for her 

-wife doesn’t hear me when I tell her I changed the passcode

-later that day my wife puts in the code wrong so many times she disabled my phone.

You think after it warns her that the phone is locked for an hour she would just try and call me at work. Nope she keeps trying and it’s it completely disabled. So I go to the apple store to get it disabled and they have to complete restore it and I lose everything because for some reason my phone never created a backup 

i live about 45mins from the apple store and I had to go there back to back nights. Once to try and fix her phone and the next day to try and fix mine. I wasn’t very happy

If only your wife could have gone and fixed the problems she created.....

This is your future @mistakey!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If only your wife could have gone and fixed the problems she created.....

This is your future @mistakey!!!

Wife needed to take care of the toddler. Also she is awful with technology  she did try but went to a Verizon store cause she thought they could fix it but the dude was a total moron

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. External hard drive

2. "The CLOUD"

3. Uploading onto a computer

YIKES

Well I had her phone set up with google photos that was connected to her email. She wouldn’t always click on it to back up her pictures. The last time she did it was in June. So she lost about a good 6months which she was pretty upset. 

To me I didn’t lose cause I would back mind up. I’m just passed cause I lost all the pictures she sent me because my iMessages didn’t get backed up

we always used chromebooks cause their cheaper and easier to use but now I want talk her into get Mac in some form that will just be super easy that we can just plug it in and let it automatically update

we have talked about not getting an ext. HD to back up the photos now. Just so she feels comfortable 

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I wasn’t very happy

Sums up family life.

Get used to it.

One daughter was registering for driving classes online. Supposed to cost $300. Gave her my bank card. When she entered payment she got a screen/message that said the transaction had not processed. But that didn't stop obsessive/compulsive her. She entered payment 4 more times, getting the same message all along the way.

For a while, the $300 driving class was a $1,500 bill.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sums up family life.

Get used to it.

One daughter was registering for driving classes online. Supposed to cost $300. Gave her my bank card. When she entered payment she got a screen/message that said the transaction had not processed. But that didn't stop obsessive/compulsive her. She entered payment 4 more times, getting the same message all along the way.

For a while, the $300 driving class was a $1,500 bill.

As a lawyer I assume you could get this cleared up? 

Still annoying as anything.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

As a lawyer I assume you could get this cleared up? 

Still annoying as anything.

Anyone could get it back, which I did.

The burn is that once other people have your money they are much slower to return it than they were to take it.;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Big day at the Bucketheadsdad household.  Buckethead is commissioning in May as an Ensign in the Navy, and tomrrow he will be selecting his first duty station (large grey [for our British and New Zealand Browns fans] boat, designed to blow stuff up from long distances).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWddbSZ3rRE  <-- Reminder link on youtube.

If anyone is interested, Buckethead will be picking his ship between noon and 1 p.m. tomorrow, on youtube.  He attends Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), so if you decide to watch, listen up for those letters, and you might see how I got my name.  

Damned proud of that kid.  Pretty sure he is going to end up an east coast sailor.  (Full disclosure:  I'm damned proud of his sister as well.)

Alright.  Selection made.  He will be on the USS Ramage, DDG-61.  :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Alright.  Selection made.  He will be on the USS Ramage, DDG-61.  :) 

Good choice. The Arleigh Burke-class ship is a formidable warship. Although not the Ramage this is one of my favorite videos of what she can do:

Can’t lie I was hoping he could get on one the LCS Freedom class ships. Though small they’ll be a major menace on the sea. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Good choice. The Arleigh Burke-class ship is a formidable warship. Although not the Ramage this is one of my favorite videos of what she can do:

Can’t lie I was hoping he could get on one the LCS Freedom class ships. Though small they’ll be a major menace on the sea. 

LCS's weren't an option for any of the NROTC candidates.  He had thought for quite some time that he wanted to go amphib, but decided that a destroyer would help him get his Surface Warfare certification more quickly.  Plus, one of his friends that commissioned last year is on the same boat.  

• Like 1