Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What else you like @JDD?  Gimme some recommendations.

Easy picks are Jackie O's stouts, IPAs, and funky stuff. Athens brewery.

Really depends on what you like. Barrel aged beers are more expensive because of the time to age. So if you like that style a great value is Laginitus Willetize or whatever they named it now. Another one is dragons milk from New Holland. 

Where are you located at? Ollie's is by Cincinnati or Columbus right?

You probably missed bourbon county that comes out on black Friday. In Cincinnati Axis Mundi from mad tree is good, lots of good stuff sitting on the shelf in Ohio. 

If you want to try lambic Ohio got a drop of Oude Guezue from Drie Fountine, that's expensive but a great beer. If you like sour tasting things.

My go to beers are mystic mama, who cooks for you, and any saison from Jackie O's. Columbus brewing makes great hoppy beers. Mad tree, warped wing, and fat heads too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JDD said:

Easy picks are Jackie O's stouts, IPAs, and funky stuff. Athens brewery.

Really depends on what you like. Barrel aged beers are more expensive because of the time to age. So if you like that style a great value is Laginitus Willetize or whatever they named it now. Another one is dragons milk from New Holland. 

Havent had the Laginitus, but plenty of the Dragons Milk.  In laws live in Michigan.

Where are you located at? Ollie's is by Cincinnati or Columbus right?

Lebanon, 30 miles north of Cincy.  Used to live in Cincy.

You probably missed bourbon county that comes out on black Friday. In Cincinnati Axis Mundi from mad tree is good, lots of good stuff sitting on the shelf in Ohio. 

Didnt miss either.  Drank bourbon county until my wallet cried.  I used to live about a 12 minute walk from Madtree.

If you want to try lambic Ohio got a drop of Oude Guezue from Drie Fountine, that's expensive but a great beer. If you like sour tasting things.

Never heard of it, good stuff!

My go to beers are mystic mama, who cooks for you, and any saison from Jackie O's. Columbus brewing makes great hoppy beers. Mad tree, warped wing, and fat heads too.

I lived in Oakley, born and raised in Canton (so I’m pretty familiar with Fat Head) and have done the Warped Wing tour.

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I didn’t realize Redskins fans were so active on this site until I saw how many posts that subsection has. Same with Tennessee and Tampa.

I’m still amazed that the Chargers haven’t cracked 1000 yet

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’m still amazed that the Chargers haven’t cracked 1000 yet

That'll happen when the team abandons you, and their new hometown is filled with skateboarders and Kardashians.  

Saw my first NFL game in 1970 in San Diego.  Chargers still hold a small place in my heart.  Very sad for that city.  Their team is "so close, but so far away."

I wouldn't wish that on any fanbase.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Havent had the Laginitus, but plenty of the Dragons Milk.  In laws live in Michigan.

Lebanon, 30 miles north of Cincy.  Used to live in Cincy.

Didnt miss either.  Drank bourbon county until my wallet cried.  I used to live about a 12 minute walk from Madtree.

Never heard of it, good stuff!

I lived in Oakley, born and raised in Canton (so I’m pretty familiar with Fat Head) and have done the Warped Wing tour.

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Do you want to go do Karate in the garage?

Yeah I'm a beer nerd and love craft beer. My budget and belly sometimes don't like it but hey what are you going to do?

I'm a big hoppy beer fan, have you tried M43 or Boss Tweed yet? They are pretty good from Old Nation outside of lansing (also new distro to Ohio). If Half Acre would figure out that Ohio wants their beers Daisy Cutter and Pony are great. Ohio has some great hoppy beers but we definitely behind in the saison and wild ale game. Luckly I have beer friends around the country that help fill that void. 

I'm also a big fan of Pils, easy drinkers in the summer 

• Like 1

The day after the terrorist attack on two Mosques are Prime Minster said we would have a ban on all Semi Automatic guns and military style weapons by ten days.

Your NRA offered financial support to our five gun nuts to try and stop this ban from happening. The NRA has no idea how things work here. We banned them after 6 days😂😂. Not a damn thing out five gun nuts and the NRA can do about it.

If you go by historical trends the NFL schedules will probably be released April 18th.

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/nfl-schedule-release-date

Also, for fun I looked at our 2020 schedule and I wouldn’t be shocked if we played a crap ton of prime time games considering we’d face the NFC East. Guaranfreakingtee we would have a prime time game against the Giants. We’d probably play thanksgiving too since we’d be scheduled @Dallas 

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you go by historical trends the NFL schedules will probably be released April 18th.

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/nfl-schedule-release-date

Also, for fun I looked at our 2020 schedule and I wouldn’t be shocked if we played a crap ton of prime time games considering we’d face the NFC East. Guaranfreakingtee we would have a prime time game against the Giants. We’d probably play thanksgiving too since we’d be scheduled @Dallas 

Either way the Dallas game would be night game since 97% of their games are at night. The other 3% are Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1