Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

10 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Unpopular take:

I have always disliked Michael Jordan. 

I loved to hate him when he played, but after taking a step back, I've at least come to appreciate his greatness/aura over the years.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I loved to hate him when he played, but after taking a step back, I've at least come to appreciate his greatness/aura over the years.

I'm always interested in seeing what drives people to greatness and how they try to inspire others to achieve greater things. 

There is just nothing redeeming to me about his drive for greatness. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I'm always interested in seeing what drives people to greatness and how they try to inspire others to achieve greater things. 

Absolutely!

52 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

IMO the one redeeming thing is that he never demanded anything from anyone else that he wouldn’t do/have done himself. If nothing else he was an absolute tone setter. If he was a king of old, he would have been a maniacal tyrant, but he would have led them fighting into battle on the frontlines.

53 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

yeah he seems to embody everything that’s wrong with hyper competitive behavior.

Competition is good, healthy, and pushes people to be their best, but there are limits.  Jordan went past those limits constantly, and often for things unrelated to his profession.

He simply didn’t know how to “turn it off”, which is a character trait some seem to praise, but it’s clearly a flaw imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

It’s why he’s miserable and it’s pretty well documented in the show.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I wish Browns players had MJ’s mentality. Instead of being buddy-buddy, whoop that other dude across from you.

I think there’s a happy medium of both.  You can be both competitive in game as well as friendly off the court.

Using myself as an example, my most competitive moments have come against people I love like brothers.

You can be both competitive and respectful.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

College football ain’t happening in the fall. The wheels are starting to turn.

https://mobile.twitter.com/latimes/status/1260301358223122432

A few here in Ohio are doing in person classes in the fall and offering those who feel “unsafe” the opportunity to do online/zoom into class instead, while potentially having an extended break after thanksgiving/online finals. The state to state vs federal mandate/freedom discussion and fallout will be interesting!

The NFL is projected to lose approximately $138 million in revenue from tickets and gameday fan spending for each week played without fans, according to calculations from Patrick Rishe of Washington University in St. Louis.

A full season without fans could cost the NFL nearly $2.3 billion.

Teams are beginning to increasingly plan for the possibility of games being played without fans in attendance. 

I refuse to believe the NFL makes 138 million from fans attending every week. The average freaking ticket is $300.

Your average NFL stadium is 70,000. If each ticket cost $1000, that’s still not even half of what they’re saying.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I refuse to believe the NFL makes 138 million from fans attending every week. The average freaking ticket is $300.

Your average NFL stadium is 70,000. If each ticket cost $1000, that’s still not even half of what they’re saying.

I’m assuming that includes ad revenue (for in stadium ads), concessions, apparel/team store, luxury suites, etc., but yeah, that’s a huge number per game.

• Like 1

Thank God I'm probably buying a money pit house.  I'm going to really need a hobby this fall if CFB gets pushed back, etc. 

I tossed around the idea of having a chicken coup to my wife (couple years from now).  Now my 4-year old won't shut up about having chickens.  I can't even get him to play with our puppy he wanted so badly.

I told my middle child (3 YOA) to say "please" today.  He responded by pulling his shirt up over this face to hide from me then played dead-fish flat on the ground.

I'm not in a good place during these crazy times. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Thank God I'm probably buying a money pit house.  I'm going to really need a hobby this fall if CFB gets pushed back, etc. 

I'm intrigued to see their response to your counter

I tossed around the idea of having a chicken coup to my wife (couple years from now).  Now my 4-year old won't shut up about having chickens.  I can't even get him to play with our puppy he wanted so badly.

Does he like to eat eggs? You could always take him to a farm and watch a farmer slaughter a chicken that won't lay any more eggs. Good chance that he won't want chickens anymore, but on the down side, if he is more adamant than ever about having chickens and excited about the process, you may have a sociopath for a son.

I told my middle child (3 YOA) to say "please" today.  He responded by pulling his shirt up over this face to hide from me then played dead-fish flat on the ground.

Never underestimate the power of rag doll/dead fish. My three year old has been doing this thing where when I tell her to get back to bed, she spontaneously forgets how to walk, yelling "MY LEGS ARE TIRED! I CAAAAAAAAAAAN'T!!!!!!" and then drops to the ground and army crawls back to her room, groaning the entire way.

I'm not in a good place during these crazy times. 

Parenting is harder than ever and now elected officials are floating the idea of an every other day in person school staggered by grade and not reopening daycares...so how exactly is this whole "work" thing going to work for most people in this country? 

• Like 3