Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

9 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

@bruceb you need to stop the thinly veiled political trolling.  You are constantly spouting off your conservative rhetoric in attempts to anger and incite other members into political arguments.  It needs to stop now.

Come on you guys stop the politics. One of the reasons I love this place. It’s a safe haven from political peacocking. This is our sexist oasis he-man gathering place to talk sports and other nonessential crap that is pretty much a waste of time, but needed. Come on we are months involved in social distancing, wearing masks that piss us off, not allowed to squeeze our veggies to see if they’re ripe, some literally alone that haven’t touched another human being, some that don’t care to be around other people, that realize they actually need people, children that are confused that need actual adults for comfort, people that are unemployed for a couple months that don’t know where their next meal is coming from, baseball players and owners that know where their next meal is coming from that are concerned about what?, the doctors and nurses that have tried to help where they can, as much hate as they get the police officers that despite their unequal pay legitimately try to keep us safe, lastly our poor children that don’t give a damn about political affiliations and just want to feel safe and get along with their playmates. 

It’s really not that hard. 

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on you guys stop the politics. One of the reasons I love this place. It’s a safe haven from political peacocking. This is our sexist oasis he-man gathering place to talk sports and other nonessential crap that is pretty much a waste of time, but needed. Come on we are months involved in social distancing, wearing masks that piss us off, not allowed to squeeze our veggies to see if they’re ripe, some literally alone that haven’t touched another human being, some that don’t care to be around other people, that realize they actually need people, children that are confused that need actual adults for comfort, people that are unemployed for a couple months that don’t know where their next meal is coming from, baseball players and owners that know where their next meal is coming from that are concerned about what?, the doctors and nurses that have tried to help where they can, as much hate as they get the police officers that despite their unequal pay legitimately try to keep us safe, lastly our poor children that don’t give a damn about political affiliations and just want to feel safe and get along with their playmates. 

It’s really not that hard. 

I mean, I hear you but..... what sports you wanna talk about?

NBA playoffs?  Hasn’t been a basketball game in months. MLB?  Hasn’t been a game yet this year.  NFL?  I think we’ve discussed the hell out of our picks, nothing else has happened.

There comes a point where if nothing new is happening, what’s left to say?  To add to that, there’s a LOT of real life stuff actually going on that’s relevant to us all.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Real high end.

The three billionaires were Amazon Facebook and Elon. Not surprised they got richer over this time. Everyone was ordering off Amazon, everyone is staying home and wasting time on Facebook, and Elon just launched a rocket.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The three billionaires were Amazon Facebook and Elon. Not surprised they got richer over this time. Everyone was ordering off Amazon, everyone is staying home and wasting time on Facebook, and Elon just launched a rocket.

It wasn’t just those dudes.  They accounted for less than a 1/4 of the total.

It was a small number of people though, no doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

NBA playoffs?  Hasn’t been a basketball game in months. MLB?  Hasn’t been a game yet this year.  NFL?  I think we’ve discussed the hell out of our picks, nothing else has happened.

There comes a point where if nothing new is happening, what’s left to say?  To add to that, there’s a LOT of real life stuff actually going on that’s relevant to us all.

I mean, we can keep posting boob gifs and make more penis jokes. That's something that unites us all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get you, but notice I said “This is our sexist oasis he-man gathering place to talk sports and other nonessential crap that is pretty much a waste of time, but needed.“   There’s literally hundreds of things we can talk about that doesn’t have to be political. @DawgX named just a couple. I’d bring up how boiling steak is actually a great idea but that’s been done to death too. 

• Like 1

Damn, how many times I gotta come in here and pimp my podcast before you guys give it a listen?  ;) 

You want sports?  I've got sports.  Last week's episode, I interviewed the guy that runs ProKick Australia, the group that has 80 Australians punting in D1 College football this year.  The week before that I interviewed the "Jerry Maguire" of Australian Football.  This week's episode had more "F-Bombs" (not from me, but from my guests) than I've heard in a LONG time.

Come On Please GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I get you, but notice I said “This is our sexist oasis he-man gathering place to talk sports and other nonessential crap that is pretty much a waste of time, but needed.“   There’s literally hundreds of things we can talk about that doesn’t have to be political. @DawgX named just a couple. I’d bring up how boiling steak is actually a great idea but that’s been done to death too. 

Not sure I feel comfortable sitting in a forum like this talking with other guys telling me the best way to get their meat hot.

Wait A Minute GIFs | Tenor

That Didnt Come Out Right Donald Glover GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2

It wasn’t just those dudes.  They accounted for less than a 1/4 of the total.

It was a small number of people though, no doubt.

There’s a book by a guy with a long German name that wrote a long book about the 13 family names that control almost all the wealth in the world throughout human history. It’s really good but it’s also from a Judeo-Christian perepsctive which might trigger some of you. It’s really freakin interesting though.

the guy is the biggest dork ever, probably never smoked a cigarette in his life and then all of a sudden had his house raided where they found a kilo of coke....... 😂 🤔 

Edit: just remembered his name, fritz springmeier.

Edited by pnies20
  • Like 1