Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Erie County Health Department has just ordered all schools online only for the first quarter of the year.

Gahdammit I am so over being at home.  I know I ticked off my union today, when they sent out a questionnaire about our concerns about going back to school, and I told them that we've relied on "essential" workers for the last 6 months, and we're no better than they are, and I'm looking forward to getting back into my classroom.  (Our board had approved going back 5 days a week until the Health Department shot that down this afternoon.)

depressed 80s GIF by Percolate Galactic

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Pity you having to deal with a union and multiple groups of governmental bureaucrats.

Sheesh!

I'm trying my best to stay away from the 3rd rail here. I just want to go back to work.  My wife works 50 hrs a week, and she's frustrated that I'm at home, although my "honeydo" list has come along nicely over the summer.  The bottom line is that I'm no more special than the countless people working in groceries, driving trucks, delivering food, all who've risked exposure for months.  

33 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'm trying my best to stay away from the 3rd rail here. I just want to go back to work.  My wife works 50 hrs a week, and she's frustrated that I'm at home, although my "honeydo" list has come along nicely over the summer.  The bottom line is that I'm no more special than the countless people working in groceries, driving trucks, delivering food, all who've risked exposure for months.  

Well there is certainly a difference between a classroom of people sharing a space for hours than the coming and goings of many essential workers. I'm technically essential and work at a higher ed school and while I'm at work and have to take sick/annual leave when I can't be there and many others just work from home which is some cases is real and other cases is checking email for 5 minutes and going about your day. None of it affects me though, you may say it isn't fair but that is just whining. Enjoy your situation while you can, be safe, get an understanding of retirement early... Kids are going to pass this to each other and bring it home to their parents or grandparents or whoever their guardian is.

We just need to be smart for a year and yes some will miss out on things but if we stay smart and keep it from getting out of control we can somewhat have some normalcy while we wait for a vaccine and a return to the norm.

Your wife is just jealous and that is a normal reaction but again it has to make things a little easier on her and she is working whether you are or not so...

• Like 3

On 8/3/2020 at 5:57 PM, candyman93 said:

Is it just me or are the new site updates REALLY bad.

It makes it a lot harder to post on here from a phone.

What do you mean? The biggest thing that I have noticed lately is there are a crap ton of ads now on the site. There is always this drop-down ad at the top of my phone screen that is annoying.