Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

I’m not a stock market expert, but I’d imagine the “true market” will be revealed around holiday season. I say this because I bet the government stops pumping money around that time for a “wait and see.”

Halloween will be the first holiday massacred.

Edited by candyman93

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not a stock market expert, but I’d imagine the “true market” will be revealed around holiday season. I say this because I bet the government stops pumping money around that time for a “wait and see.”

Halloween will be the first holiday massacred.

Not to get political, but we'll see how much each party/party's leader panders for votes and delivering on promises come January as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get another round of stimulus, followed by at least one more if there's a change come November. 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not to get political, but we'll see how much each party/party's leader panders for votes and delivering on promises come January as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get another round of stimulus, followed by at least one more if there's a change come November. 

Hopefully people save some of that money for the tax bill they’re not gonna understand in April.

”wait, I still had to pay those???”

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

😂.  Such a great character.  His “permit” is the high point of that show imo.

There are always a handful of places where I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm going to laugh. The permit is one of them. Personal favorite quotes are as follows:

Leslie Knope is an absurd idealist whose political leanings are slightly to the left of Leon Trotsky. So far so accurate. If we were to work together she would undoubtedly drive me insane and it is possible that we would murder each other.”

"I think that all government is a waster of taxpayer money. My dream is to have the park system privatized and run entirely by for profit corporations, like Chuck E. Cheese. They have an impeccable business model."

“The less I know about other people’s affairs, the happier I am. I’m not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.”

“Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream, or be nothing.”

“Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”

“I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American.”

“That is a canvas sheet, the most versatile object known to man. It can be used to make tents, backpacks, shoes, stretchers, sails, tarpaulins, and I suppose, in the most dire of circumstances, it can be a surface on which to make art.”

“I’d wish you the best of luck but I believe luck is a concept created by the weak to explain their failures.”

“Normally, if given the choice between doing something and nothing, I’d choose to do nothing. But I will do something if it helps someone else do nothing. I’d work all night, if it meant nothing got done.” (I think of you @LETSGOBROWNIES on this one and the turf and turf)

“I like Tom. He doesn’t do a lot of work around here. He shows zero initiative. He’s not a team player. He’s never wanted to go that extra mile. Tom is exactly what I’m looking for in a government employee.”

“When I walked in this morning and saw that the flag was half-mast, I thought ‘All right, another bureaucrat ate it!'”

“The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that’s beautiful.”

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I may be wrong, but we can choose to decline that. It’s only recommended if you’re REALLY struggling right now.

I believe it’s been mandated for federal employees, but not 100% certain.

Im not sure how someone who needs 100 bucks extra that bad this week is going to cover 1000 bucks or whatever in April.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I believe it’s been mandated for federal employees, but not 100% certain.

Im not sure how someone who needs 100 bucks extra that bad this week is going to cover 1000 bucks or whatever in April.

tenor.gif?itemid=5291819

...and then people will just start declaring bankruptcy left and right when the debt becomes insurmountable, because they'd rather nuke their credit for 5-7 years and just restart their lives than spend a lifetime digging themselves out of it, and so the cycle will inevitably continue.

Why people never mention the IRS in the "waste of money/pointless government entities" column is beyond me. That post office though...