Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The real estate market is crazy right now. I sold my condo in less than 2 days for 50% more than I paid for it. Granted I’ve done a lot of work to it and updated everything. Buying has been a pain. Everything decent is getting snatched up. I just don’t understand how we can be in a pandemic during a supposed economic crisis yet the housing market is insane. Maybe it’s because Cleveland has so many essential workers who didn’t get laid off. Is the market this good elsewhere?

Canton area is insane.

Mrs. MSR and I are in the process of looking, and the last house we walked through, less than 20 hours after listed, and the realtor told us they already had 2 offers above the listed price.

4 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Canton area is insane.

Mrs. MSR and I are in the process of looking, and the last house we walked through, less than 20 hours after listed, and the realtor told us they already had 2 offers above the listed price.

@LETSGOBROWNIES how does he live in Canton and yet not have a gold jacket?

12 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Canton area is insane.

I refused to get into a bidding war. Especially if the house doesn’t appraise for that amount.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I thought it was up to your employer. 

It’s complicated as shiz.

Payroll taxes generally fall into two categories: deductions from an employee's wages, and taxespaid by the employer based on the employee's wages.

I think you can just claim more withholding on your W4 if you’re worried. Let the IRS figure that shiz out.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I refused to get into a bidding war. Especially if the house doesn’t appraise for that amount.

I have already made it clear, our offer will never be over list price.

And secretly i hope there are enough items on the home inspection, which will knock the price down....

As for our house, we will be listing it "as-is" to avoid all the fha requirements....so there should be no appraisal issues there either.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 we are talking about adult things like real estate, finances, a housing bubble, and tax with-holdings. Get in here dude, it's pretty lit. 

nah screw that wet blanket.

he only wants to talk sciency things, and stay locked in his basement, watching 2014 B1G championship game highlights

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s complicated as shiz.

I think you can just claim more withholding on your W4 if you’re worried. Let the IRS figure that shiz out.

The problem is the IRS never figures things out for you. They expect you to get it right and if you don’t you have to pay a fine and the tax.